Forums » General » Hope for the Bombers

Messages for Hope for the Bombers

Comment Posted by gordon Sep 07, 2008 03:58 AM

Getting ready for the Banjo Bowl today, hope the Big Blue can get the win and make up for the ugly I had to endure in Regina last weekend....

Anyways........some hope for Bomber fans here. I was just thinking about my touch season with the Ninja Militia, we were 2-7 to start the year but finished off strong at 9-9. It is possible to turn it around, Go Blue!

Comment Posted by spider Sep 07, 2008 04:09 AM

Yeah but you recruited a coach with a brain! Plus you have a Quarterback with a brain!

It will be a cold day in hell when Glenn can throw for more than one TD pass in a game. So where does that leave us?

Now having said that, it is rather unpleasent out there today,....so.....

and no matter what has happened and been said, the Bombers are not as bad as their record. They can't keep playing this bad.

Bishop is a great game manager, but 105 yards passing. D had done there job. And what's with that stat?.....the D has stopped teams from getting 300 "yards against passing" the last 4 games!!! That's a positive!!!

With little basis in rational, or fact, but lots of hope and faith, (both gals are meting me at Hoots today at 1:00, if ya wanna pop by), I think the Bombers win today.

Go Blue!

Comment Posted by andy21 Sep 08, 2008 02:50 AM

11 minutes of hell at Canad Inns Stadium

Thanks to the offense who racked up 1 (maybe 2) first downs in the last 11 minutes.

Thanks to Tom Canada for taking another STUPID penalty

Thanks to the front 7 who can't seem to stop a quarterback draw if their lives depended on it

Thanks to the secondary who played like they belonged in the Rec Division of the WTFL

Thanks to the secondary for making the roughrider receiving core look like future hall of famers

Thanks to the entire defense for making Bishop look like Peyton Manning & Tom Brady combined

Thanks to Alexis Serna for his stellar 28 yard punt which helped the roughriders gain great field position late in the game

And most of all thanks to Doug Berry and Brendan Taman for trading the best running back our team every had (although Fred Reid looked pretty good yesterday)

damn it all to hell

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Sep 08, 2008 03:55 AM

I would also like to thank all the same people you just did.

GO RIDERS

Comment Posted by sarge Sep 08, 2008 04:37 AM

Marc, did you get harassed for wearing green like I did?? I almost got in a scrap! like its my fault that the Blue are lacking a GM/Head Coach/adequate QB/adequate Free Safety/punter/placekicker/players with heart.....seriously people.....seriously............

Comment Posted by spider Sep 08, 2008 06:14 AM

Hey Andy, Brad, say what you mean!

You did hit the nail on the head!

That loss was actually sad. But at least the offense scored, the Joe guy, looked good, the"other guy" ran harder than Roberts has all year, but alas, those DBs would have to play in the UTFL. They couldn't playin the Dub. All the Dub DBs are better than those saps.

Is Ian Logan a retard? Last minute - don't let anyone get behind you. Where was he??? That's basic fricken first year 5 year old football. Really Brad where was he? Was he "spying" the QB, filling on the play action? taking away a 10 yard hook???

The there's M and M giving away yardage.

F*#k they cut Roberts for attitude and non-production...why do they keep that secondary. Plus someone also said on ourbombers.com, the Bombers can not play without an American safety, absolutely right.

Time for Taman to get his fat little rumpled ass out of town. That guy couldn't find a breast at hooters! Where does he recruit the DB's from? U. of C.N.I.B?

You're right Tom Canada is having a Charles Robert year...only 10 x stupider.

But hey, at least it didn't rain,

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Sep 08, 2008 07:10 AM

Sarge, I usually don't go to the home games here anymore (for any games). When they rename it from "banjo-bowl", and bomber fans get some new material (no I don't have sex with my sister...I don't have a sister or a banjo) then maybe I'll spend money at Canadinns stadium. I prefer to spend my money on the labour day classic in regina.

Comment Posted by sarge Sep 08, 2008 09:51 AM

Marc....fair enough and a great idea!

Logan sucks....wasn't good in CIS, should NOT be in the CFL. He's a S-A-F-E-T-Y....that means be the deepest guy!!! not 20 yds ahead of the deepest player!!! Usain Bolt couldn't make up the space Logan gave up....just terrible. The tandem of Reid and Smith was killing the Riders early. They were DOMINATING the line of scrimmage...and then....they mysteriously went away from the run and got into their usual ruts. That's the problem when the QB is calling his own plays and the O.C is in the booth just collecting a paycheque. their system is broken and it starts in the office with B.T...he's the one who brings in these heartless guys. he's the one who brings in the "stars" like the Ian Logans and Greg Bearmans and Alex Sernas....seriously man, you're a PROFESSIONAL kicker!!! you should be able to boot a kickoff between the stripes!! or punt more than 20 yds!! Berry can only coach who is brought in so as much as people blame Berry, they should be looking higher up first.

Comment Posted by andy21 Sep 08, 2008 09:54 AM

Dinwiddie to Bryant for last second win vs. Calgary

Lobedhan recovers fumble, returns to one yard line vs. Hamilton

Walls & Canada block Williams pass and intercept for TD vs. Hamilton

Scary thought that without these 3 plays we could just as easily be 0 -10

Taffe gets fired... Berry will get promotion soon

WTF???

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Sep 08, 2008 01:44 PM

You guys got your wish, Canada was traded to the ticats today.

Comment Posted by Byatch Sep 08, 2008 08:17 PM

Supposedly the Canada trade won't be going through because Canada has health issues. He was in the hospital tonight for Spleen problems.

Comment Posted by spider Sep 09, 2008 05:54 AM

Here's a perfect opportunity...they (Hamilton)have no coach...trade Berry!!! That would allow Westwood to come back, and Troy would remove the curse he placed on the team, with the aide of the First Nations Shaman. We would win instantly, as Westwood would boot a CFL record field goal.

Aren't the Bombers sick to watch? ....and do they have a death wish???? yea, we said get rid of guys. I was talking about guys that sucked, not stars like Roberts and Canada.....What about Glenn, Malveaux and the other M guy, Sheridan, all their Canadian safeties, McKinley, and Glenn....ooops re-occuring theme there....

haven't they been reading this thread? What's with Taman? Could he bring in one just one, young new American prospect that was good. He just spends his time checking CFL rosters...maybe we should be the inbred banjo pickers....Hey wait. Isn't he from Saskatchewan?..AHA! It's a conspiracy, he's stil got the Riders in his heart.

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Sep 09, 2008 06:17 AM

Taman has been the one constant through all this. Just sayin.

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Sep 09, 2008 07:19 AM

Westwood isn't going to save your team. Bombers gotta move forward and not backward. That means no stegall, no westwood, no taman, no berry, no glenn, no roberts (already done). Youth is where it's at.

Hire a real GM first. Worked wonders for the riders.

Comment Posted by spider Sep 09, 2008 07:49 AM

Marcus for GM!

Comment Posted by captainwoody Sep 09, 2008 10:14 AM

Talk about screwed up. Hamilton basically gave away Moreno. According to the free press Bombers gave the rights to Corey Mace and their 1st Round 2009 draft pick to Hamilton for Moreno and a conditional draft pick.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/story/4223641p-4861093c.html

No wonder Hamilton stays last.

Fire Taman.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com