Forums » General » Oct 5 Finals

Messages for Oct 5 Finals

Comment Posted by spider Sep 08, 2008 05:17 PM

Need some quick feedback for a Championship Finals "after party".....

In the past the WTFL has rented the Blue and Gold room, for post game beers and to watch the games, and or also watch replays of your game, that we taped. This is an option for the finalists, that I have mentioned, costs for a professional recording (with replays, play by play if you provide) You would have to pay. Split between two teams it was $75.00 each, I believe.

Basically, the bar would open at 11:00, (after the first game)plus have a limited menu (hamburgers, salads fries, and other tba) I think they could also order in from canadInns Polo park for other items if desired(have to confirm that) It would be cash as you go, for your order.

We also presented the team trophies up there, and member keepsakes.

OK, so that's the plan. Anyone interested? Good idea, don't bother, who cares?
Your thoughts?

Comment Posted by nomads Sep 08, 2008 06:45 PM

Darrell: Just do it. As soon as you leave things open for discussion the dopes will come out of the woodwork with all of their cocommamme ideas.Watch and learn my special friend.
Glen

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Sep 08, 2008 07:27 PM

I say who cares, save the league some money. Most teams go do their own partying anyway.

Comment Posted by Jyuen Sep 09, 2008 04:21 AM

Ditto. Trophies should stay presented on the field after the game.

Comment Posted by spider Sep 09, 2008 05:45 AM

Well OK, should we move the games to Optimist and save the league some money? Trophies presented after each game? Who do you think is going to stay at the field from 10:30am, to 11:00pm, to do that? It's my Birthday, I'm not. Will you?

Comment Posted by Jyuen Sep 09, 2008 06:43 AM

Hasn't that been the format in previous years? I remember us getting our trophy and stuff after the game.

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Sep 09, 2008 07:16 AM

I said save the league SOME money, not save the league ALL the money.

All you have to do is drop off the trophies in the morning. The head ref of each game I'm sure is more than capable of handing out the trophy to the teams. Save the league money and you can still enjoy your birthday!

Comment Posted by spider Sep 09, 2008 07:16 AM

Hmm I guess you didn't read the opening thread....however, like last year, and some years, when no one really cares, to showcase our league, we hand them out at the field. I don't think anyone will be around the whole day to hand out trophies, hence my question. I was thinking, of an hour or so to do the presentations for all, as that would be more feasible.

Maybe one of the exec could do that? at least. But the entire day? doubt it.

We can always give them out at the AGM.....oh wait, no one comes to that either..Hmm, no All-Star Game, no trophies, no league"wind-up" Some "celebration." What a bunch of winners!

Let's just go to Optimist. "save the league some money"

whoa is you! What to do?

(Do you really need trophies?)save the league some money.....

Comment Posted by Jyuen Sep 09, 2008 07:29 AM

Trophies are already a sunk cost from the previous season(s)
:P

Comment Posted by mel Sep 10, 2008 03:31 PM

I think prsenting trophies at the game immediately after each win makes the most sense. Not about saving money. The trophy means a lot more to winning team players immediately after an emotional win. Plus the whole team is together to enjoy the celebration. The trophy has much less mening when it is presented well after the fact. The NBA, MLB,NFL,CFL and the NHL do not wait for several weeks to present their championship trophies. Not about saving money. All about celebrating a team victory at the actual time it happens.Not presenting a trophy immediately after a win is like giving you a birthday cake a month after your birthday (lol). Wouldn't make any sense. I agree with Marc that referees be delegated to present trophies immediately after each game. Imagine a nice team picture with the trophy under the lights at the stadium. The picture wouldn't have the same meaning without the trophy. My blog for today.

Comment Posted by nomads Sep 10, 2008 08:13 PM

Darrell: I warned you and sure enough. Your original post is to get together and socialize. These monkeys think that the only purpose is to get the trophies. The trophies are a joke.Who cares about trophies. Now watch some dope is going to say that's because you aren't going to get one. These dopes are so easy to read I know what there going to say before it reaches their mouth.
Glen

Comment Posted by andy21 Sep 11, 2008 06:23 AM

that's because you aren't going to get one :(

Comment Posted by Jyuen Sep 11, 2008 08:26 AM

People don't give 2 shits about what you think which is why we are here to voice an opinion (and as players in the league we do have that which is more than I can say for you at this point). He asked for our thoughts and people will give it. It makes no sense to have the trophy presentation afterwards. Most teams will be there in the entirety. Not everyone would make it to the 'ceremony'. It would make most logical sense to have it presented to all the players on the field.

Comment Posted by nomads Sep 11, 2008 09:50 AM

Yup:Here comes the dopes as expected. God am I good.
Glen

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Sep 11, 2008 03:47 PM

Glen, what can you do for 649 numbers? I never play, but you seem to know the answers to everything so I might as well profit from it.

Comment Posted by nomads Sep 11, 2008 04:53 PM

Marc: I don't believe in luck, good or bad, but I can help you in other ways.What would you like to know?
Glen

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com