Forums » General » Sept 10, Q # 56

Messages for Sept 10, Q # 56

Comment Posted by spider Sep 10, 2008 07:01 PM

Sept 10, Q # 56

Back in the 70's, he played for the St. James Cobras??, Bisons, Bison Alumni, the Assassins and the Montreal Alouettes. He scored a TD in a Grey Cup Game??. Who was this amazingly fast receiver?

Comment Posted by richoy47 Sep 10, 2008 09:19 PM

It can only be Mark "TD" Langstaff!

Comment Posted by spider Sep 11, 2008 03:53 AM

Sorry Coach.....

Mark was an 80's kind of guy...it was b.m. (before Mark)

Comment Posted by mbender Sep 11, 2008 04:44 AM

This is quite the question so I'll offer two guesses...

Bob Gaddis or Larry Sherrer?

Comment Posted by spider Sep 11, 2008 05:26 AM

Marty, comin from you I feel flatterered!

OK, Bob and Larry aren't the answers. I better add some assistance.

Hmm! I have to be careful as to not give it away.

He also had a brother, Rick, who was equally as fast. Both guys were punt returner and Kick-off guys as well. I think the man in question still holds some Bison kick-off return records. This guy was a legit 4.4 - 40 guy. This was late 70's.... 78? 79? The family was West End?/St. James? as the little bro, played with the Weston Wildcats in '73.

Both guys are legendary in the St. James football area and era of that time..

Tomorrow is the last day for WTFL Mazur/Trivia as the reg season comes to an end!! Details on the finals will be posted soon.

This session's last question will be posted this evening, and it involves the nasty side of touch football.

But let's get back to today's mystery

But check out the Indoor League for potential "Winter Trivia" starting soon.

Comment Posted by mbender Sep 11, 2008 06:33 AM

Terry Fach?

Comment Posted by spider Sep 11, 2008 06:51 AM

way before Fach! Plus Fach was an import I believe , not a local Manitoban

This guy was a Fine Arts major. Fach was as Theology major.
(No that that helps)

Comment Posted by mbender Sep 11, 2008 07:14 AM

Mazur,

this question was pretty crazy!

your answer I believe is Victor Anonsen, His brother's name is Rick and Rick holds one record at the U of M. Victor played in the Grey Cup in '78 (didn't score a TD though) and is presently an artist in Victoria BC.
I have no clue how they have ties to the Assassins but I'm sure you'll elaborate....

I should get a prize just for this answer alone! (If I am correct :)

Comment Posted by spider Sep 11, 2008 07:51 AM

Yeah D'you gottit, mon!

No TD??! I coulda sworn he got a long one down the sideline.
We played together at the U of M for a year, as did his brother. Apparently somewhere in there he (Vic)also played for the Assassins.

How'd you find out he was in Victoria? (seems likely) Vic was always a free spirit, which meant there were rules for us and Vic rules. But with his speed, you made exceptions. Underutilized at the U of M, (as many players were), Vic then signed with Montreal, and as stated appeared in the Grey Cup. ...One day we are sitting around watching game tapes, and the next watching Vic in the Grey Cup!

Well.....that about does it, in 10 hours, the last post will be posted, and the regular schedule for WTFL?Mazur trivia will be done. Hopefully the final standings will be posted soon (Kirb?)and the location for the play-off/final will be announced....(Oct. something.) The top ten are invited to attend, and then the real action starts.

Note those questions missed, plus some humb dinger new ones. ...all for the trip to the .....well I'll leave that as a surprise, but does "hasta la vista," mean anything?

Comment Posted by richoy47 Sep 11, 2008 08:26 AM

Let me elaborate...Vic did play for the Assassins in 1979 ...my first year... but for a short time...we heard about this big shot CFL player coming to play in our Spring Tournament back then and ended up playing Kineschuck/Suffield and the Combines in the final...Tim threw the ball to Vic every chance he got...Vic really didn't do much and we lost 16-12...and the guy who beat us was Dan Kineschuck in his prime...for the rest of the season we never saw much of him!
Vic would have been my second choice but Marty beat me to it!

Comment Posted by spider Sep 11, 2008 09:27 AM

Ya had 12 hours!!!!!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com