Forums » General » Need Clarification

Messages for Need Clarification

Comment Posted by andy21 Sep 12, 2008 01:35 AM

Our team will missing several players for our playoff game this weekend. Can we play the game if we can only field 6 players or do we need 7?

thx

Comment Posted by Grob Sep 12, 2008 03:02 AM

6 is ok to start with.

Comment Posted by andy21 Sep 12, 2008 03:53 AM

Can u play the whole game with 6 if needed.

Comment Posted by cobras63 Sep 12, 2008 03:56 AM

Yep, you sure can. Been there, done that a couple of times this season. It's rough, but you can play the whole game with 6.

Comment Posted by mbender Sep 12, 2008 04:13 AM

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble (and I apologize if I am wrong) but the last I remember if you only have 6 to start the game your opponent has to agree to play if they decided you must have 7 to start and they don't show up by the 15 minute mark they walk away with the win. Since this is playoffs now and not that 18 game "exhibition season" they could take the forfit.

It's a suckers way to win for sure but technically it's allowed I guess is my point (But the again maybe the rule has changed, been awhile since I was part of the executive)

Marty B

Comment Posted by spider Sep 12, 2008 04:39 AM

Nope. You're right on!

Balls to the wall, boys.

It's time to put up or shut up.

It's time to seperate the pretenders, from the contenders.

It's time to seperate the men from the boys, the women from the girls, the....

How can you not have enough guys for the play-offs? What's wrong with your team?

Comment Posted by andy21 Sep 12, 2008 04:48 AM

thanks for info.

GO BOMBERS.

Comment Posted by andy21 Sep 12, 2008 04:52 AM

sorry... so to confirm.... 6 guys go play ONLY if opponent agrees?

Comment Posted by Jyuen Sep 12, 2008 04:54 AM

It'd be pretty weak sauce if the opponent took a forfeit though.

Comment Posted by nomads Sep 13, 2008 12:21 PM

I'd take the forfeit and then laugh about it at the bar after. A team that can only muster 6 guys for the playoffs is not a "TEAM" and good ridence.
Glen
P.S. Marty if I had those receivers that you had this morning I would have scored 40+ points.You made the big mistake of trying to be nice.Lets spread the ball around(Hello Al, Paul, and Vaughn) Have you 3 learned your lesson yet or do you need more spankings.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com