Forums » General » INSURANCE!!!

Messages for INSURANCE!!!

Comment Posted by Snatch Oct 03, 2008 12:36 PM

I was injured during the course of the season this year. I followed all instructions given by the league, printed off all the forms from this very website, got full documentation from all my doctors, sent in a claim, and lo a behold, it was returned to me with a message from the insurance company saying the policy expired OCTOBER 31ST, 2007 AND WAS NOT RENEWED!!!!!!!! So my question is this.. where did all the money go that every team paid for insurance purposes this year? And how can i get compensation for time lost due to injury while playing in a sanctioned game in a league that is supposed to insure me? I'm not accusing anyone of anything, yet, i just wanna know what is going on.

Derek
#10 South Side Trojans

Comment Posted by duhard Oct 03, 2008 12:57 PM

Derek, we're looking into this and someone will be in touch shortly.

Comment Posted by mel Oct 03, 2008 02:39 PM

Derek

Todd broke his leg at a sanctioned practice 3 years ago and all he received was 20 bucks for his crutch rentals. It said on the policy that they would pay up to 500 dollars for the broken leg injury but the insurance company found an excuse not to pay a cent. And forget about time missed from work. That was never covered. In this case we don't get what we pay for. Like junk bonds.Has anyone ever gotten a reasonable financial settlement for a WTFL related injury from our insurance company ?

Mel

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 03, 2008 07:06 PM

Insurance is a scam. Haven't you guys figured that out yet.
Glen

Comment Posted by Shadrack Oct 06, 2008 09:44 AM

First. Glen, shutup. You don't ever seem to contribute anything intelligent to the conversation. Shouldn't you be spending your time trying to find someone who actually cares about you?

Secondly, I had a tooth knocked out years ago in a collision and never got a cent either for the dental work so I know how you feel.
The more important issue is that we all paid 15 dollars a person for insurance, and from what I remember, the cost to the league was $7.50 per person as I had made a point in the general meeting about "why is the league making money on the insurance".
Now to find out that there may not be any insurance when money was taken would constitute fraud. That is if what Derek claims has happened, and I have no doubts that Derek recieved that response.
Derek, was the response by letter or verbal? Who is the insurance company? Is this something that could be found out in a phone call? I'm sure that every player in the league would be curious to know the answers here.
Who on the league committee would have been responsible to get the insurance? Something this major should be known right away so I am curious as to why someone hasn't gotten on here and said "Hey, we have insurance, here is the proof." and then followed up with the insurance company.

Comment Posted by duhard Oct 06, 2008 10:44 AM

thanks for your "input" but the league is already dealing with this issue privately with Derek. Insurance was purchased as it is every year and looks to be a clerical error with the forms. The league and it's small group of volunteers are that, volunteers... that run your league and reinvest it's money back into the league. If you were a volunteer on the exec you might have an idea of how a non-profit organization works and how we work. I'm not sure how the league ending the year with a surplus(aka making money) and investing it for the leagues future is a bad thing.

This year insurance was a flat fee for each team, not $15 per person. What your team charges you is up to them. Us volunteers appreciate the accusation that we have taken your money and done... well I'm not sure what, put it in the WTFL bank account seeing as that's all we could possibly do with it.

With all the league exec is responsible for, we definitely do not have enough volunteers. Seems like you have might have a lot of good ideas on how to make it a smooth operation. I look forward to seeing your help on the board next year.

If you still think you require proof we did not steal your money, contact me and I will pass on some more information.

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 06, 2008 04:52 PM

I've got an idea. lets have Al, Paul and Vaugn on the exec next year and have a whine fest.3 women on the board. That would be a hoot.
Glen

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 06, 2008 05:15 PM

Rebecca: You don't have to answer to Al, alias nosey, as he is neither counsel nor a spokesperson for Derek.
Glen

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 06, 2008 05:28 PM

And remember a little earlier in the year when I exposed Al. He vehemently denied questioning the leagues numbers. Well here he is again caught in his own web.Al, I feel sad that you can't go toe to toe with me.
Glen

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Oct 06, 2008 06:34 PM

Wow...a little early to be into the Aqua Velva there Lahey??

Comment Posted by Woody Nov 16, 2008 04:19 PM

Wondering if anything has happened Derek? And how you went about your claim. I got an elbow in the mouth in a playoff game and had a tooth broken. Wondering if this is something that the insurance policy should cover? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Woody
RC Hitmen

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com