Forums » General » World Fundraiser Football game (Need Players)

Messages for World Fundraiser Football game (Need Players)

Comment Posted by Triple Threat Oct 06, 2008 04:22 AM

Hey Guys,
We are organizing and playing a 24 hour football game our here in Winkler to try and break the guiness book of World Records and also to raise funds for one of the players in our league's little girl. She has leukemia and will be undergoing a bone marrow transplant next week so we are trying to raise $10,000 to cover their living expenses for the next 6 months as they go thru this. We are looking for about 10-20 more players other then what we have from our league. The catch is to qualify for the Guiness book all players must be present for the whole 24 hours. The game is this friday in Winkler and if anyone would like to play or donate to the cause please call Jeremy at 204-312-0653. We will be playing flag football 6 on 6 by our league rules. Our league website is www.scffl.com and on facebook you can find the support group for this little girl at (Support the Geisbrechts) hope to see some of you out

Comment Posted by Nolby Oct 07, 2008 11:09 AM

I would absolutely love to come to this, but I am very short on funds.

Comment Posted by ArthurG#12 Oct 08, 2008 02:37 AM

hey nolby,

i'll be attending the game, if you wanna help but cant afford you're welcome to catch a lift out there and back with me. There asking for a contribution of hopefully 100 per players to help the cause, so far i have raised approx. 3 times that and have no problem fundraising for your spot as well if funds are the only thing holding you back.

Give jeremy a call, cause after all this is a GREAT cause

Thanks

Arthur Garand
you can also reach me at arthurgarand@telus.blackberry.net or 995-0183

Comment Posted by Nolby Oct 08, 2008 06:33 AM

ArthurG,you are too kind of a man but I would feel guilty not contributing anything.On another note what time would this game begin at?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com