Forums » General » Game # 8 Wpg at BC.

Messages for Game # 8 Wpg at BC.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 17, 2009 08:39 AM

OK, I know I should wait till Wednesday, but we are enjoying our 4th day of rain in a row, I've just had the carpet cleaner guy come in and do the carpets, and it is raining out.....so, her I sit stuck on the computer.

Bombers at BC.

Well, it's early,but reports indicate Shabazz is still out, and now Edwards may also be out with turf toe. Recent reports refute the notion that new players will be brought in, as the "guys we got are good players, they just have to execute."

Half of that is true. They do have to execute. That's where the problem is. after 10 games....I know they can't execute!!! Kelly is in denial, ...so what is the procedure it's five steps..???identify, denial, remedy ...I don't know...but at least I know I don't know.....(not denying) :)

Not bringing players in??? No change??? is that what they are saying??? Not sure about you, but no change, does that equal same result???? I'd say Yes!.

Really anyone want to watch Serna kick 4 field goals over 3 hours???? woo Hoo! Parrrrrtay!

I for one am getting a little tired of this way over 10 years of BS from Bauer and the Board. Hey I have season's tickets at $85.00/game, but when leving at half time to do laundry is more worthwhile than watching the Bombers????You know that's a problem.

I think for the next game, I WILL wear a paper bag over the head, (like they did in New Orleans)

The franchise is about denial. and poor Kelly is out and out lying to the public. This is getting uglier than Reinbald days. At least he didn't looklike an egg, or Mr. Potatoehead!

Who can we get for CEO? Bauer is done. He as much said so, at the start of the year, when he talked about that broke millionaire guy taking over as private owner.

Well, enough of that.

Bombers don't score, defence is broken down..BC 38 - Bombers 9....That was pretty much Alouette's score from this past week.

Comment Posted by captainwoody Aug 17, 2009 08:48 AM

Leos 32 - Blue Bunglers 10

We have to score at least one TD this time around!

Comment Posted by andy21 Aug 17, 2009 09:09 AM

With Buck Pierce apparently out the Lions still have Jarious Jackson who IMO is still light years better than anything we have in Winnipeg. Considering the Lions always play well at home against the Bombers this could get ugly. The Als absolutely picked apart the Bombers in every aspect of last weekends game. While I'm happy that Serna is playing quite well (amazing what can happen when someone like Doug Berry isn't there to berate our young kicker at every turn) he and Mike Renaud can't save this offense. We will go 2-6 heading into the bye week unless something miraculous happens at B.C. place.

Lions 24 - Bombers 9 (the pain will continue until at least the week AFTER Labour Day.

Comment Posted by sana Aug 17, 2009 10:28 AM

GASP! Is the football world coming to an end?! Did Spider ACTUALLY predict a Bomber loss!?!?

Comment Posted by spider Aug 17, 2009 10:52 AM

Yes,.....yes, it's a sad day in Ha-Mazos household!

When it comes to this, that is going into a game, knowing you have NO chance of winning????I don't know.....really never been there.

I mean, you understand your weaknesses, and that if you don't address what the opponents offer you "could" lose...but certainly going in, you have a hope, (as faint as it may be) that if you do the things you do well, take away what they do well, you at least have a chance. But Kelly and bauer, don't even admit we have a problem....no import kick returners????? Do you know how many 5 foot six waterbug football players are dyin for a chance to get out of working at McD's or hanging out???

Here's the add "Want to play football and get "$45,000.00 for 3 months work?" Must be able to run fast, be agile, not drop things, and come to Winnipeg for 3 months. For further info, and to apply call 204 555-Help."

Where's Brad Black???

Andy21,hit it on the head (hey are you wearin my old Eagle #?...how sweet) (Jim insert trivia question here!!:)) Michael Jackson is easily better than what the Bombers have, as Andy 21 has stated. (OK everyone together on the count of three....What did Kelly see in Laflores???)

Anyone watch the Hamilton /Rider game??, and ask themselves??, Hmmmmmm, what if he was playing for us??? (#5 hrimp from Hamilton, former Bomber QB....Kevin Glenn that's his name).....I mean the D isn't supposed to score points, and what with our leading scorer, Shabazz missing his 3rd game....well, someone call the excavation company, because the roof is about to fall in......Yeah you're right, the reason Glenn stunk here was he couldn't escape the rush, and with our "offensive" and I DO mean that literally!!, he wouldn't be better than our poor Bishop guy, at QB.........Now No Edwards.......

Mang! I even have a ticket for the Rider/Bomber game on Labour Day....Yikes....I might just wear something Green, so "I" can leave alive......That's going to be 61 -3! and the Bombers will literally cower off the field....

I mean and now it's raining out for the 3rd day in a row????!!! Is this it??? the beginning??? Was Noah right????

Hey it's Monday....Is the NFL exhibition's on tonite??????

Comment Posted by andy21 Aug 17, 2009 11:05 AM

With Buck Pierce apparently out the Lions still have Jarious Jackson who IMO is still light years better than anything we have in Winnipeg. Considering the Lions always play well at home against the Bombers this could get ugly. The Als absolutely picked apart the Bombers in every aspect of last weekends game. While I'm happy that Serna is playing quite well (amazing what can happen when someone like Doug Berry isn't there to berate our young kicker at every turn) he and Mike Renaud can't save this offense. We will go 2-6 heading into the bye week unless something miraculous happens at B.C. place.

Lions 24 - Bombers 9

Comment Posted by spider Aug 17, 2009 12:01 PM

It's de ja vu!!!!

He's rubbing it in!

Go Andy, Go Andy, Go Andy.........:)

Comment Posted by sana Aug 18, 2009 06:37 AM

Wow. That's quite the passionate rant. Well .. here's to HOPING for a win :) I mean crazier things Have happened.
And the exhibition game WAS on! Giants won courtesy of a sweeeet fumble recovery!

Comment Posted by spider Aug 18, 2009 07:49 PM

It was on, and I did catch it, and yes what a lucky play at the end.

and Sana, "Life without passion, is no life at all" -D. Mazur

Hey just heard Edwards and Sadeeq are now "playing" on Friday!! Plus they brought a kick returner in.......Hmmm, Maybe things are looking a little brighter....just like today the sun is beginning to shine!....

I knew I shouldn't have posted so soon!

"Darn ,Darn , Darn , Darn!!!! (Old big, big,,as in very tall, TV character stomping his feet...BSG, can you guess who?)

Sana???? naw......

Here we go Bombers here we go

Comment Posted by marc Aug 18, 2009 09:13 PM

24-17 BC

Comment Posted by sana Aug 19, 2009 04:42 AM

BSG - Battlestar Galactica?? lol Spider?

Ok, so just because they're the underdogs, I’ll not only predict a win for the bombers, but i'll even cheer for them!
Hopefully they won’t BOMB this game! Get it? Bombers.. bombing stuff.. like a game ..? Ba dum dum! lol .. anyone? no? ok, i'm going to go back to work now.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 19, 2009 05:33 AM

Sana, with a plana, doing comedy......cheering for the Bombers......Sana, you can't fool me........."Ba dum dum???"

Cute!

No, the BSG reference..... I knew you were probably not going to get it. You were probably not even born in the sixties, or let alone even watch TV shows from that era. (Some brilliant "campy" TV shows. I dream of Jeannie, Batman, Man from Uncle, Flintstones,Bugs Bunny, and of course the one I am talking about......"The ____________")

Sorry, the BSG comment, sent you off in the wrong direction....BSG...."Blue Sweats Guy" I meant he should have a shot at it.

BSG is a nickname coined by a former WTFL player from a few years ago. At the time, Blue Sweats Guy, wore these incredible flourescent Blue sweats....when he reffed......yeah, well.....so that's the reference to "who" might know......some "more experienced" (i.e old people)

That actually reminds me....Have nicknames gone out of style? I really don't hear that many....a few years back we had that "Best Nickname Award" post...

There were some awesome ones. (Jumbo Rumbler) Yeah, anyway, BSG was awesome also, so.........it sticks/stuck!

He is yet to guestimate the score, as he is a wily vet, and obviously will wait till all the info is in regarding the game, (i.e. weather, injury update, etc) But I am fairly certain, he'll have the answer......but will he have the correct score??? He is a past winner.....so......

Stay tuned.........

Comment Posted by alouette Aug 19, 2009 09:01 AM

...incredible Hulk ? with extremely talented, dubbed over, painted green Lou Ferrigno ?

It's not the bombers fault for last saturday's debacle. They faced a very talented, well coached and well balanced team. Don't be too hard on them. They still managed to score 12 points more than Toronto. And besides BC sucks right ? So on top of those 4 field goals, I'll throw in a free touchdown.

BC 35 Winnipeg 19

Comment Posted by jkull Aug 19, 2009 09:11 AM

Winnipeg 29 - 28. Somebody has to guess Bombers.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 19, 2009 10:37 AM

Nope not Hulk. way before that...good guess though. Where is BSG???

Attaboy, Killer Dwarf # ? which is it 1 or 2?

I sure hope you are correct with that BB score! Could it happen? Another one point win???

Comment Posted by cswanston Aug 19, 2009 10:57 AM

Herman Munster

Comment Posted by spider Aug 19, 2009 11:08 AM

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Yahooooo! that was fun. (It's raining out again! Booo.)

Nice going, Craigers!!!! (didn't think you were "experienced" enough to be watchin that!!!)

Now how 'bout them Bombers.

Heyall we really need is another receiver, two O linemen, and of course a QB. Can we get them from the NFL. Cut down day is only two games away..or is it one game away? yeah one game away (we have the bye coming up)

Lots of dudes looked good on Monday night.

I think our line sucks! that's the crux of the problem. That's why any of our QBs have to hurry and miss their throws. Whhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy! ? Whhhhhhyyyyy? (remember that ices skater that Tonya harding put a "hit" on at the Olympics??? That was an incredible "wine"> What was her name who was doing the Whhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyning?

Here we go Bombers here we go?!!

Comment Posted by marc Aug 19, 2009 11:48 AM

Does anybody remember when and why the BSG nickname was born? Make that a trivia question. (I do know the answer)

Comment Posted by sana Aug 20, 2009 05:02 AM

Although i'm not a 60's child, I was on a different continent and we must have been a little behind so i know all about i dream of Jeannie, Batman, Flintstones, Bugs Bunny, Thundercats, pink panther .. etc.

ANYWAY. I was totally going to guess Munsters next!
Except Swanston guessed it before me .. probably because he was too busy NOT sending me the FAX that he was supposed to. *Hint *Hint! :p

Oooh ba dum dum! On a roll in the mornings! :)

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Aug 20, 2009 11:44 AM

Ok, Bunglers are going to get it going this friday. Hopefully they have simplified the offense enough..."ok, run an out and i will throw it to you!" No turnovers will result in Leos getting 2 less touchdowns because they have to work for them.

Anyway, Buglers get some defense after a mediocre performance in front of the home fans..Although with Smitty out Big Brownie gonna get some extra attention which could hurt a little....oh well

Here it is

Bunglers 30 Leos 25

BSG

Whatever happened to that Crap guy?

Comment Posted by spider Aug 20, 2009 12:29 PM

Hmmmm we got the Munsters, but not Tanya Hardings foil......no fax, but the ankle looked good, Go Sana, go Sana.....so lets get the facts straight!!!...:)Oh well, back to the ball game,

Le Premiere assai!, (now I just have to say it!!!)

BSG, you reckon the old Blue will keep the Leos off the board? Man that would be a thing to behold. I for one sure would enjoy a good defensive performance and presumable win by the Big Blue....it's like so long since I saw a good Bomber game I can barely remember...it's the same old "crap" with atrocious offense, retarded special teams returns, and then watching the "coach Mr. Potatoe/Egghead" (wasn't Egghead a Batman villian???)screw everything up. What's this we have been playing an import short??? Plus we are over the salary cap???? Jimbo??????what's up with that? That Eagles roster seems to have a few more players than the Constitution states is allowable???? What's up with that exec members??? have we raised the "cap?":)

BSG,
Crap is al gon so, I would guess. 2 plays and he hurts his hamstring??? Yeah this guy sounds like a winner!

So what about this great "database guy" (Murphy)They made fun of Taman, who just brought everybody in they needed, and now the Bombers can't find receivers??? Give me a break Does Dave Richie look good now or what???

Can't find receivers???

man our league has a ton...

1.) Legal -Antoniuk
2.) Wilcox
3.) Kornelson
4.) Singh
5.) Morden
6.) Klumper
7.) Jeanson
8.) Obst
9.) Patterson
10.) Campbell

Yo Bob Dyce, take a look dude.....

and QBs...are ya going to tell me Shea, Bell, Lucas, and Kapeluch wouldn't be any better than the 3 stooges the Bombers have......
Did ya see Favre with the Vikes last night, stepped off the plane, signed the contract walked onto the practice field and was humming completions all over the place.....sigh...oh well, the Dub is free, and there are a ton of excellent players,now if we could only transfer that ability to the Bombers.....

sigh,. oh well the Dub is free, and good players play every night..........:)

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Aug 20, 2009 05:00 PM

Darrell,

Nancy Kerrigan was the skater that Tonya Harding had taken out.

You could also throw in Jeff Kull as a QB who would be better than what we have (just probably can't take many hits from the 300 pound d-linemen, what are you a buck thirty Jeff?).

I hate going against the Blue, but the play calling absolutely sucks, so I'll say 28 - 12 BC.

Les

Comment Posted by spider Aug 20, 2009 05:41 PM

YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaH that was her name!! Nancy Kerrigan,Whhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! She sounded like a wounded cat!

Yeah I like your 12 pts. by the Blue...seems to be all they can get....which is rediculous....oh well....Dallas entertains the Titans (NFL)in Dallas's new stadium opening (home of this year's Superbowl)...anyone want to go????

Meanwhile,back in Canada..........He we go Bombers here we go......

Comment Posted by cswanston Aug 21, 2009 08:35 AM

The fax is sent Sana!

Comment Posted by sana Aug 21, 2009 10:00 AM

If i haven’t mentioned it already, I'm predicting a bomber win. They've GOT to be hungry for a win by now. It's inevitable.

Spider - the ankle still hurts :( I get pains up my leg 1/2 way thru the games now .. but it could be worse, i could have a ruptured Achilles **KNOCK ON WOOD!

On that note, Craig, the man with the white T in the rain team, fax received! :) Thanks - My herO!

Comment Posted by spider Aug 21, 2009 11:54 AM

Pain only half way up your leg......you haven't lived!!!

The league needs an official massage person. Seriously.....Does the league have an official masssage person???? Man in white T-shirt team send me a form!!!..........I have this knot in my right shoulder blade from all those "first down" signals...serious, I had to swicth to left handed, and.... french dialogue, last game, "C'est Premiere assez!" I also have Jamaican and Spanish....still waiting for help with Portuguese,Ukrainian and Euritrean....."Abajo Premiero" ( that also applies to tonite's event!! :))

hmmm..........white t-shirts...rain =.....say no more........:)..damn!..ahem....

Back on track.........

Here we go Bombers here we go!!!

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Aug 21, 2009 07:24 PM

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!

Where has this Bomber team been hiding? Run Freddie, run! Either BC is that bad, or Coach Egg/Potato Head actually does know something about offense.

Must be the return of Shabazz that has the whole team fired up.

Hopefully they can carry this through the bye and into the Labour Day game.

Les

Comment Posted by lmitchnik Aug 21, 2009 07:41 PM

Sorry, my computer was taking forever to actually post the message and obviously posted it more than once.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 22, 2009 01:45 PM

Awwwright, Tbe Spide wins the prediction with a 38-9 score.....Congats Spide!

Comment Posted by marc Aug 22, 2009 03:54 PM

I can't believe that somebody week-in and week-out almost predicts the score. Spider, I'll sign your ball for you!

Comment Posted by marc Aug 22, 2009 04:00 PM

Wait a sec spider, you picked a BC win. Kull, BSG or Sana get the win here I think.

Next game's predictions will be priceless.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 22, 2009 05:28 PM

what???No!!!!!!!!! damn that dyslexia, doesn't reverse score count????? I mean I meant Winnipeg win!!!! I have been pickin them all ther other times????!!!whoa! I feel like Nancy Kerrigan!!! Rules committee??????

Comment Posted by sana Aug 23, 2009 04:17 AM

Sigh. Spider, you are dyslexic! I said pain 1/2 way thru the game. Not 1/2 way up my leg. Smh. Your spidey senses are failing you. Must have the rained on white shirts on your mind :p

And seeing how i predicted the win 1st. I'll gladly take the win! Good lookin out Marc :)

Ba da da dum da dum!! ** Note to self, sign on in the mornings more often!

Comment Posted by spider Aug 23, 2009 04:42 AM

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhh white shirts and rain =:)....

pain/game = same .........this is so confusing.........what down is this????...
.....predict the win first????.............huh??? this is a quality contest, I'll have you know!!! not a question of; "who posts first,!!!"....what if a number of people just said I'll pick half the teams to win????................you have to be specific,......accurate, likemy incredibly insightful pick!!!!I had it bang on!!!!

Just a mere "typo" or is it keyboard-o, on the keyboard, made it come out totally opposite!!!!,.....etails, details.....I mean let's not be that picky.............

That pain must be spreading?????????:)............Ooooooooh, now, I have a headache, must be the damned AC DC concert..back to bed, it is far too early!

How about next week? I suppose you "have the Bombers again???"........tsk, tsk, tsk.....sigh....and as Wayne (from the rules committee ,amongst other things...)would say, "What's the exact score????":)

Bombers running game and great D = Calgary Grey Cup (hey we are due)

BSG, do you have tix yet?

Comment Posted by dubblezeero Aug 23, 2009 04:57 AM

Hey, seeing as only myself and JKull picked a bomber win (with an actual score, Sana...) looks like BSG hurdles to the top with his second win of the year....Correct me if I am wrong DM..

Playoffs...don't talk about..playoffs...you kiddin me?....playoffs....I just hope we an win a game...(Jim Mora http:// )

Here we go bunglers..here we go...Calgary here we come Spide...

BSG

Comment Posted by spider Aug 23, 2009 05:08 AM

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're right...................I guess...............damn, #@*^% keyboard!!! whhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! (Ok last time for that one)

You are correct, my winning QB friend!! Go Anvils, Go Anvils,Go Anvils,.....You are the closests correct score winner for this past week, for the Bombers Historic win in B.C., with the "closest" correct score......close?????...er,.. never mind, Yes you were the nearest to the actual margin of victory over the next contestant (the illustrious "killer dwarf"). As for your female accomplice???!!!!.........women!

#00, You ARE, the recipient of your 2nd correct score, /Game ball winner!!

Congratulations!!

Here we go Bombers here we go.............

Calgary...thump thump, Calgary thump thump (sung to the tune of AC DC's "Thunder")Yee haw!

Comment Posted by sana Aug 23, 2009 01:03 PM

Groan! You guys cant see it but i'm boo-ing at this 'real score' talk. Just watch, next week i'll have a ‘real’ score for you gentlemen and it will be SWEET! SWEET i say! Buwahahah!! *evil scientist laughter* :)

Re: the link - wow, men and your testosterone. And on that note, i 'heart' M. Ali!
For your viewing pleasure - http://www.facingalimovie.com/

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com