Forums » General » Bombers vs. Hamilton Aug 7

Messages for Bombers vs. Hamilton Aug 7

Comment Posted by spider Aug 03, 2010 08:11 AM

Well, what do ya think.

Someone said (probably on one of the Bomber Fan forums,) that barring a couple plays, Wpg could have a couple more wins.

While this ain't the thread for reffing scenarios, but how about that second last play vs Calgary where, Ralph and the DB are hand checking, then the DB, holds Ralph, as they seperate, causing Ralph to lose balance and have the ball hit him in the face mask/chest.

That was Pass I.

(I made that call last week in the Woodies game....sorry but...) Very subtle, but it knocked Ralph way off balance causing him to look bad and have the pass bounce off. Great job by the DB, to hold just enough.

Ohh well...

Bombers at Hamilton.

Anyone suspicious of Kavis Reed. I mean three weeks ago in Hamilton they have a defence that caters/encourages what Glenn does. Last week they put poor Ike Charleton on fat boy Lewis and he gets killed. Man, that guy (Reed)is a dork. I sure hope they have something new for Glenn this week.

Once again, the Cats are desperate for a win. The Bombers....too many injuries....And especially, no Jeffers-Harris. Man the Bombers suck at receiver. They only have Edwards.
Looks more like last year. Also looks like Bombers will be a win one lose two outfit. Will that be good enough for 3rd in the East???

Defensively Lobendon has done what? I guess they shut down Hamilton and Calgary's backs, but is that b/c of good front seven play, or the other team not using the run game?

Oh well?

So, how good are we? We had the best Pass D in the league last week. (not sure of this weeks ranking after Burris played catch with Lewis.)

So,....yeah I am predicting another Hamilton win....17-15.

Comment Posted by jkull Aug 03, 2010 09:45 AM

Ralph should not have been waiting for that ball. He should have made a strong move to the ball and played big rather than watching and waiting for the ball.

As for the Ticats game, yeah things seem to be getting worse for the Bombers. I think 32-20 Hamilton.

Comment Posted by captainwoody Aug 05, 2010 05:34 AM

Kavis Reed is a terrible D coordinator. The revolving door on the infirmary doesn't help things either. I really wish we kept Mark Nelson. Our secondary was awesome under him. We led the league in interceptions.

At any rate, the Bombers did hold calgary to 23 points. As many yards as Calgary racked up offensively, they only hit the end zone twice.

I'm going to be hopeful here and predict a Bomber victory. 27-25.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 05, 2010 07:05 AM

Yeah, that 2nd last play was Pass I. When I played, as a receiver. one of my coaches told me the key to catching was balance. Everytime I see a receiver try and catch a pass, or specifically drop a pass, I always check his head. More often than not, his head is bobbing around. That was clearly the case with Ralph.

BUT the damn DB was grabbing his arm. That's why he was off balance. That was definitley Pass I. The "Mazurvision" would have caught that!

And I think we still are leading the league in Ints right now(maybe it's my medication talking) I know I was surprised to hear that also!

But yeah, Capt Woody, I agree Reed, not only looks baffled (in those TV camera shots of the booth)but when he has to come down from the box, you know there are problems. I know coaches here in Manitoba that think he is a good coach, but judging by his previous teams, you're right, the guy can't get it done.

Interestingly, they chop players (Bestard and Ike) for screwing up, I wonder why not Reed?
The Bombers need some LB help. I guess that's why they cut Ike and moved a DB up to that position. Isn't it wild how the game has changed? Now they are using only one "pure" LB, the other two guys are basically Safetys. Ya know Holmes I find that somewhat interesting.
Obviously ya need "DBS"to cover 5 receiver sets.

Should be interesting to see how the new matchup fares.

Like your optimism, and this should be a good game,as both teams are pretty even consistency wise. But Bombers are minus TJ Harris, have their backup in at QB and Safety, so, I like the home team. (If the new guys play mistake free, the Bombers can easily win....but if ifs and buts were nuts we'd all have a very Merry Saturday!)

win one, lose 2.

Hey at least they are digging up the Bison practice field for our new stadium, that now no one knows who will pay for.

Comment Posted by captainwoody Aug 07, 2010 05:31 PM

Kavis Reed and the secondary need to be punted immediately . That defense could not stop the Ti Cats if their life depended on it. And what the hell... you have 11 secs to tie the game, why are you not running a hurry up offence? Not only do you let the time run out , you get sacked.

I wonder why I cheer for this under-performing team. Another game with zero pressure on Glenn... what they managed one whole sack. Wow... best defensive line (according to Glen Suitor) ... NOT.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 07, 2010 08:41 PM

Easy.....You'll blow a gasket......Unfortunately, I am in the same boat as you.........I watched the second game, read a few other websites,and am still simmering. Unfortunately I have to agree with you and then some.......we'll be lucky to be 6 and 12, with a great possibility of 3 and 15.

Yeah that Kavis reid is a genius. 2 receivers 2 games, 2 first halves 150 yards plus....hmmm, what the F*#k were you looking at in the film room. That's two games in a row where the camera has caught him in the pressbox, and it looks like he wants to kill himself. If he doen't want to ....I'll volunteer!! Maybe he's overwhelmed.....So, I suggest....

1.) Jam the fricken receiver...even if he has do elude it, it does it's purpose of throwing off the timing....agghhhhhhh!
2.) Bring the fricken pressure. How many times did we bring extra people???
3.) Did anyone hear a linebacker's name last night????

Plus that no pressure on Glenn......That's killing me.....
You're right why do we even bother with this team? Gawd we make everybody we play a star.

Plus that Bowman is a definition of "LOSER" Game on the line...drop the ball.

Serna........I doubt he'll be here by Sunday afternoon.

Yeah and that last play and clock management????

NOw my head hurts........I am headin off to Hooters right now to get a headstart on Friday's return match-up....

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com