Forums » General » 2010 Elite Final

Messages for 2010 Elite Final

Comment Posted by spider Oct 15, 2010 07:40 PM

So, Saturday, Oct. 16 is the Elite Div Championship of the World.

Sun Parties the current WTFL Champ in a re-match vs. one of the world's top team's ever the "Franchise" Assassins.

So who's gonna win this one? Well based on the season play, a prediction would be folly to make. Neither team fielded a full roster, during the regular season.

Well let's give this sa try....

Well, the Assassins may have been All-World in the past,but if ever there was a rebuilding year, this was it. What was it?..... seven new faces under the age of 20?, coupled with young experienced vets like David Suehn Jr, Jeff Kull and Bobby Campbell, plus former all Pan Am Gamer Bill Coulter and the Legend Tim Shea.

The perennial "legend" Tim Shea would make Betty White a star. I know he threw me the ball! I never ever had a QB drop passes in to my hands in stride the way he did. Now the question is do his inconsistent receiver's knoqw this enought to correctly run their patterns correctly.

(Key point # 1)

Two notable difference makers Wayne Jackson and Kelsey Grey are fighting their way back from knee surgery (last month) and a horrendous injury, plus the main super receiver, Tyler Wilcox injured his "good" knee, and is out indefinitly.... The question is, does this "in flux" line up, have what it takes???

Then, there is the Sun Party machine, led by former All World High School star for Oak Park, Chris Lucas. In last season's final, and most games this season when he had a full roster, he must have completed over 90% of his passes.

The Sun party team is at the perfect age for Touch football supremacy, late 20's and early 30's. Now they have the brains to match their incredible physicalness. Is that even a word. It is if you are describing the Sun Parties. Look it up in the dictionary. It's got a picture of the Sun Party touch football team.

The receiving core is led by Ogo! Just one word, like Michael or Wayne...and you know who we are talking about. Then there is Brad Black. How is this guy not in the CFL? he is better than ALL the Bomber CDN receivers.....and he can return punts and kick offs. Nice job scouting arse bombers! Coupled with the smooth and steady Sweet pea (Phil Samm)at center, alternating with the Accountant, inside receiver and Mr. first down Raj Brar,steadily get the job done.

But like the walking wounded on the Assassins, Sun parties has there own Mash Unit. Suk Singh, who arguably may be the best receiver in the touch world as of last year, is also on the comeback trail, fighting his way back from an eye injury.

In volleyball, there is a saying, "don't let anything(ball) hit the floor" That's the way Suk played. Last year in one game I seen him make a diving interception, get up and run, lateral, and help his team to victory. The point of the ball when intercepted had to have been about 6 inches off the ground, and yet he cleanly caught it. Absolute artistry!

The question is, How far is he back to form?

However, the difference makers are Marlon (again just one word needed) and Curtis Lucas. If the game goes like last year's final, these two guys will literally destroy the Assassins.(at least 3 TDs between them)

The question is: can the Assassins actually play a two deep zone with their deep guys actually getting deep? Key point # 2

That's what the key to the game is...

Trying to defense these two teams is almost impossible, so it should be a high scoring affair.

Weather is a nice 12 degree forcast, sunny, game time 11:00am WPG Stadium, beers afterward at Hooters no doubt, sleep in and watch the Bombers 23 hrs later. What a perfect weekend!

Comment Posted by jkull Oct 16, 2010 01:28 PM

I predict a close game.

Comment Posted by captainwoody Oct 17, 2010 12:52 AM

So who can give me an update on what happened and who won? I'm eager to find out.

Comment Posted by spider Oct 17, 2010 08:36 AM

Somebody won, and the other guys lost. Of more significance....

Major, major, major concert announcement coming soon. Ya heard it hear first. Prior to the game, delayed 15 minutes as, the field was being marked off for stage dimensions. Similar to the previous U2 concert stage setting.(Security came and told usafter the game)

Jim Bell the sly fox, is back at it again, getting the stadium used for more and more events. This one will ezxceed 51,000 patrons.....so can you guess who is coming???

Comment Posted by pippen33 Oct 18, 2010 09:17 AM

I would like to start by congratulating the assassins on their elite final victory ..

now i have some comments, concerns for anyone who would like to listen .. if you are on the WTFL executive committee you may want to clean your ears an listen ... some feelings may be hurt with this post ...

1st: Why would you have 5 refs for the finals wen all year you only have 3? this changes the whole game .. i mean, in a league where you have top level officials this would make sense .. but lets be honest .. the wtfl officials are far from top level .. does the NFL go from 7 officials to 12 for the super bowl?? it makes no sense ... 2 or 3 offsides were called on a rusher who was lined up a yard back but his head was leaned past the 5 yard marker .. the flag was thrown by one the extra officials ... if this is really offside, that would make every receiver along the line offside ...

2nd: explain to me how it makes sense to continue to allow former members of a team ref that very team ... like are you kidding me ... if i reffed sunparties.com games .. they would never lose ... 3 of the 5 officials this past saturday made an absolute mochery of officiating .. i mean when you have bleed black assassins officiating the game it is hard to keep your cool .. brad kelm was on the assassins bench helpin darryl make some terrible calls on the sideline .. wayne spent the game ignoring me as i tried to have him tell one the assassins to stop with his dirty nonsense .. an the other ref was crackin jokes bout how much he loved the assassins.
on numerous occasions i spoke to wayne and the "other ref" about Jeff kull doin his regular dirty nonsense .. not once was he warned ... an if he was, why was he not flagged the next time? i watched him slap raj in the face... grab marlons balls .. an trip me at least 2 times ... Jeff is a great touch player .. but he is also one the dirtiest out there .. he does it with a smile and either the refs are jus not smart enough to figure it out or they jus dont care ... nothin was done about it ... my guys kept their cool until he eventually worked his way up to grabbin nutts ... then without warning or anythin darryl decides to throw a BS pass interference on marlon wen we are on the 1 yard line .. the play was a TD to ogo on the other side of the field .. why was kull not warned about wat he was doing??
3rd. i love the game of touch football .. but the sour taste that sat has left in my mouth makes me question weather i will ever play this sport again .. iam disgusted with the sheer lack of integrity shown by the officials and this league .. i hope some changes are made, but doubt that any will be ... anyway, i needed to vent and there it is ...

SUK

Comment Posted by jkull Oct 18, 2010 09:37 AM

LOL, grabbing nuts. Are you delusional? If you are referring to when I grabbed "The Ball" and threw it on the ground, then maybe that's it.

Seriously though guys, ask Marlon about when he punched me, and I took just as many penalties as you guys, just yours were at dumb times because you can't control your temper. Carry on holding grudges and blaming everybody for your loss. Perhaps you can also blame your DB who dropped a pick to win the game.

Comment Posted by jkull Oct 18, 2010 09:58 AM

Actually after thinking about it, I had 3 penalties. One rough play, one PI vs. Marlon and 1 PI vs you Suk. Most of the plays that went on DID get flagged. Your message implies that I'm a dirty player that doesn't get flagged, which is totally not true. Fortunately for me though, when I get crushed on the field, like when Lucas pasted me in the 4th, I can laugh it off because you guys act like complete idiots on the field and I know you guys will take ridiculous penalties at ridiculous times.

So are you suggesting that because there was 5 refs, Marlon wasn't able to get away with his BLATANT pi or lining up offside? Perhaps we can just play in an open field without rules then and no refs......if that's what you are implying.

Quit acting like you guys are model citizens, when everybody knows it's far from the truth.

Comment Posted by pippen33 Oct 18, 2010 10:10 AM

thats my point jeff ... you do shit cause you kno u will get away with it .. an in the end the refs will penalize us after we jus cant take it anymore .. u sexually assaulted marlon on the field ... an it went unflagged .. u got flagged for the blatant plays that you did .. not the lil dirty stuff you do all game ... anyway there really isnt any arguement you can come up with .. cause if i have 3 ma boys reffin .. we win easy ..

Comment Posted by jkull Oct 18, 2010 10:15 AM

For the record, sir, there was no nut-grabbing going on. Probably some sort of excuse he dreamed up to get a pass for taking so many penalties.

And yes, you guys get penalized because you guys are the victims.......you expect people to believe that?

Comment Posted by marc Oct 18, 2010 10:51 AM

Looks like I missed an interesting game.

I had a look and 4 of the 5 refs in this year's final were in last year's final as well, including all the the ones you seem to have issues with. Since there hasn't been any complaints about that crew I doubt anybody thought to change it up, and why would they?

I've never heard of anybody wanting less refs, especially in the finals. If somebody had missed a tag and there was only 3 refs on the field, you'd likely complain that there aren't enough eyes out there.

Comparing to the NFL is also interesting. In the NFL they have more refs, and the benefit of instant replay and they still screw up calls. No refs are perfect, but no players are either. Players drop balls, miss throws, jump offside, leave kicking tees on the field, all of which are mistakes. Refs make mistakes too, although I wasn't at the game so I really don't know what specific plays you are referring to. I'm only speaking in generalities...

On the lighter side, I'm not surprised that Kull "grabbed nuts". I'm told he does it to his own teammates too. You can take the guy out of transcona but you can't take the transcona out of the guy. (especially when he still lives in transcona)

Comment Posted by Sunparties.com Oct 19, 2010 04:25 AM

Marc its all jokes right? Simple for you to laugh it off - but the truth is you guys have quite possibly lost two more teams from your already faltering league because of it. 70 some teams to what 15? The only thing you had left going was the "Elite" division and now this may have possibly ruined that as well. Looking at the truth to it all as well as the consequences I wouldn't think as an executive that is funny at all? You shouldn't laugh it off and call us crazy for saying it - you should really think about it and how nutz that actually is. Regardless of whether the refs were a factor or not .... that shouldn't be the focus here. If I am running a reputable league there would be absolutely no way I would leave myself open to being accused this way ... You know why? Because there is ABSOLUTELY no way in any other solid league in the world would allow 2 guys who are and have been associated with a team for 30 years to ref their final game. It just doesn't work - This is human nature. Any close call or so called rough tag that could really go either way is naturally going to go to the team the ref plays for and whether or not its the right call - the blame will be laid because of that reason. You are giving the 'far from model citizens' an excuse. Cmon guys focus on the point here, not blow it off because a couple of nut cases lost their cool at the end of a game? Right?

I don't say these things to attack anyone here I say them because you guys as executives of this league should ... for the leagues sake - take that into consideration.

And Jeff Kull .... give me a break - you want to start calling down people and mocking them 2 days after the fact (i.e. far from model citizens) hahahahahah give me a break buddy? I would comment ... but it would be too easy lil guy :) so go back to your sandbox and play!

Assasins ... you guys played a great game ... I freaked out like I always do .... and the minute I left the parking lot after all the fireworks back to the real world it was forgotten! Yes a few regrets with things I may have said but I have since apologized. Yes I think it is a bit much for a TOUCH football final ... but guys on our team have all played sports at a fairly high level and this competitiveness sometimes gets a little out of hand - again Jeff this isn't something I would expect you to know about because the only place that you have ever been a star is in the WTFL and you couldn't even handle that on your own ... you sold your soul to the Black and Gold years ago my friend so I don't think you are in any position to be talkin smack to anyone lil buddy ...

With that said - I will be starting my own co-ed slow pitch team in some really bad league next summer - and the only competition is who can chug a beer the fastest - if you are of the female gender, can barely put 2 sentences together and feel you would look good in a baseball uniform - I am now accepting resumes :)

As well - for all of you looking for last minute discount winter vacations - www.latravelgroup.com - book online!

Comment Posted by jkull Oct 19, 2010 04:45 AM

Give me a break Chris. Perhaps we can all join the "other" league so we can be reffed by former Assassins there too. You lost, no refs played a part, you just got beat. You guys just refuse to ever lose with dignity. It's nothing new and nobody is ever surprised.

And yeah, take shots at me all you want sir. Can me a nut grabber, tell me I suck at all other sports (which is totally true btw), tell me I sold my soul, I could care less. It just makes you guys look worse and worse with every sentence you type.

Comment Posted by marc Oct 19, 2010 06:57 AM

Chris, if I can't make fun of somebody for "grabbing nuts" on this website, then what has this world come to?

I'm not an executive member and haven't been for a while now, so if I joke about something it's not coming from the board.

Comment Posted by eagles6 Oct 22, 2010 09:42 AM

I am responding as a Ref and Current Board Member.

I know, I know... Players are allowed to call refs and board members out and we are darned if we respond and darned if we don't. We'll I'm gonna respond.

I will try and cover all points if possible:

1) Number or refs: Elite finals have had 5 refs for as along as I can remember, and yes because of it I think the former eagles lost a final. It was a fair call but one that wouldn't have been called with 3 refs. That's why we put 5 out there, to try and make it as fair as possible. If we could afford financially and had enough refs - we would have 5 at every game - but I think everyone knows that in all 3 leagues in the city there is a ref shortage. And by the way, you admitted your rusher had his head past the rushing bag - well - that is the definition of offside. So you're mad you got away with it before and now got caught? I'm sure when 2 teams play, each team thinks the other team got away with stuff and they probably did. Refs are people, people make mistakes and miss calls just like players drop balls, throw interceptions, miss a defensive assignment with an offensive player beating them, go offside, snap a ball over the head of a quarterback, run the wrong pattern, etc... Glad you made this point because I don't think anyone in the history of sports has ever noticed that refs miss calls... oh wait... its possible that someone has made this point before... I'll have to research it and get back to you.

2) Fairness of refs: It's good to know that if you ever stopped playing for the sunparties (suk) and decided to ref - that you would be biased. To be honest you guys have complained at so many games this year about refs that no one wants to ref you anymore! You picked on me, women refs, former assassins, and let's see... pretty much any one that had a stripped shirt on. We try to make sure you have refs period, as refs go, I know we try to call what we see. Marc made a great point when he said nfl refs, as many of them as there are, with instant replay, that get big money, mess things up. So will refs in basketball, hockey, and any other sport there is. If I'm being honest and Phil Sam was no longer playing and you guys were in the final, I would have no problem asking him to ref the sunparties. I am the ref co-ordinator and if you have a problem you come to me! If you think I'm being unfair you can actually do something about it - Everyone on your team can get on the board, everyone on your team can ref but I don't see any of your actions backing up any of your words! You do have a team member on the board so I hope you know when you are bashing the board you are bashing your own team mate. Look - refs are basically volunteers -the pay we get is defintely not worth it! Your team in particular resembles 12 year old boys (make that girls) whining when they don't get their way, taking your ball and going home if you don't win, and even when you win by a ton, you still complain. Do something about it! Join the board and deal with players like yourself - I dare you!

3) Teams leaving our league - In large part yes, we are not willing to STALK people to get them to join our league, and we are not able to provide discounts to some teams while other teams pay full price. How would you feel if you played in a league where your team payed full price and another team got a $200 discount? This happens in other leagues and we don't think that it's fair! So while we mess up trying to put together a good and fair league - other leagues blatenly and selfishly are unfair but will not come out and be open about it.

4) Apologies - Save it, we don't want to hear it anymore - just don't act in a manor that you will have to apologize for over and over and over again.

5) Jeff Kull's response - It kills me that you feel you can call Jeff out but it doesn't sound like you're willing to allow him to respond. From what I read, Jeff did nothing but give his side of the story just as you felt you were justified in giving your side. If you don't want someone to respond then don't call them out. And I don't give a darn about Jeff or the Assassins, I do miss Jeff grabbing my nuts though! Oh no... I made a lil joke, forgot I am not allowed to make light of the situation. Pretty much ANY player will do something if they think they can get away with it. If you think for one second that your team has not got away with a ton of stuff you are mistaken.

6) I believe I am done responding but as I know you will not respect my response as yours is the only one that counts - Let the firing squad begin! Ready... Aim... Aughhhh! (Couldn't say fire because I got shot - did y'all get that? hee hee)

Andy

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com