Forums » General » scores?

Messages for scores?

Comment Posted by spider Jul 05, 2006 10:16 PM

Hey what was the score between the SunParties and the Eagles? Are the Eagles rounding into shape yet?

Assassins beat Avengers.

Comment Posted by marcus Jul 05, 2006 10:24 PM

Eagles won by 4 points I believe. Not sure on the final.

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Jul 06, 2006 03:48 AM

32 - 28 Eagles

Comment Posted by spider Jul 06, 2006 08:28 AM

The Eagle has landed!

Where Eagles dare!

They're back!

Comment Posted by jkull Jul 06, 2006 05:05 PM

What was the score of the Assassins/Avengers game? Us travelling guys need their fix too!!

Comment Posted by spider Jul 06, 2006 09:09 PM

That's a good question. Assassins by 8? or did they score again at the end to make it 14ish?

Bernie did a nice job, tightening the noose, as the Avenger O seemed to be less efficient as the game wore on. Same Old Bernie D though. After his touch career is over he should go on those Poker shows. That Assassin D is never what it appears....and it keeps on evolving as the games goes on.

It's the most cerebral that I have ever seen the sport. Obviously as a veteran of the team,I have an inkling of what they do on D, so to watch Bernie "spin the web" is pretty cool. The fact thathe can actually set up his fellow defenders for interceptions is absolutely remarkable. I mean when have you everheard of a defence running a"play" so the D could become the O. That is so wild.

Plus he gets it done with not always the most athletic guys! Bern has it down to an art form, from it's previous"science" status.

Nice job.!

and like I said earlier, Kanwal has that Avenger D almost rivaling the big Assassin D, at least according to Tim' "throwing to the wrong colored jersey" Shea.

Imagine that? Touch Football a cerebral game. I guess that's what happens when you have a PHD on one team and a couple of Masters Degree dudes on the other.

Cerebral - I like the way that sounds. Sounds like one of my students Sara-re Bral.

When are you and the other "terrible twin, psycho elve," eligible to return?

Comment Posted by jkull Jul 07, 2006 12:46 AM

I'm back in 10 days....and counting. Matty is back on the 14th of Aug.

Comment Posted by bernie_t Jul 07, 2006 07:52 AM

Thanks....Spider....A couple of comments on the game. Firstly Andrew Mann has a career game...two picks and a third down knockdown. Paul Shea tips a ball on third for another big play just before the half. Jon P, with a diving tag. Chris great on the rush (2nd Half) and a kick return! ouch! Without these players making plays the D is well average. Secondly, the Avengers D is excellent 2 of the best young guys in the league and the D is well run with guys flowing to the ball on every play. It was a Defensive game Spider….. know doubt! The deference in the game? Our Offence played better!

Comment Posted by Kelsey Jul 07, 2006 08:28 AM

Nice comments from BigD-I have to get on here and give Mr.Mann his props-OK, so Bern set him up-but he made the plays!!Great job Andrew. Since learning this game, I've been taught/told how this game is all about 'making the plays'. When you have a chance to make ONE play-you better do it, there may not be another one in the bag for you. anyways-see you boys @ Earls tonight!!;)!!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com