Forums » General » Edmonton.

Messages for Edmonton.

Comment Posted by scott Aug 05, 2006 09:55 AM

Hey, just wanted to know how the fight goes in Oiler land? Are the Avengers the only team out there?

Scott

Comment Posted by spider Aug 05, 2006 08:35 PM

Scott....

Do you really expect a reply?
If they ain't playin they are watching game film!(uh-huh!..Jim,Johnny,Crown and the Captain)

You figure someone has a laptop?

Aren't you part of that group? Why aren't you there? Are ya savin yourself for Regina and "Habano's"?

If ya hear any results let us know

Comment Posted by sosay Aug 06, 2006 12:29 PM

as of sat. aug 5 avengers were 3-0 and going into the semi finals on sunday at 2pm (edmonton) and then the final game would be right after..

Comment Posted by sosay Aug 06, 2006 12:31 PM

does anyone know if there is a website for the edmonton touch football league that might be posting results of this weekends tourny??????,,,,, (not sosay)

Comment Posted by spider Aug 06, 2006 12:57 PM

Checked it yesterday -nothing.

Go Avengers!

Thanks whoever you are!

Comment Posted by sosay Aug 06, 2006 02:47 PM

AVENGERS WIN,,,, AVENGERS WIN,,,,,, AVENGERS WIN,,,,,,:)

Comment Posted by jkull Aug 06, 2006 05:54 PM

Intermediate?

Comment Posted by spider Aug 06, 2006 06:41 PM

awwwwrrrriiiigggghhht
Congratulations!

Hope those team want revenge and come to Winnipeg for TOC!

Comment Posted by Byatch Aug 07, 2006 08:20 AM

Atta boy Keyser!!

Congrats!

Comment Posted by Token Aug 07, 2006 05:08 PM

yeah, it was intermediate.

We got a scare in the semi's (it went to converts), but Jon turned it up and Kenny Hunter had a HUGE stop for us, and the rest was history.

Mike

PS Mike Brownridge had an incredible tourney and I think the whole team will agree that he was definitely team MVP.

Comment Posted by Avengerman Aug 08, 2006 06:06 AM

The whole weekend was a team effort. Everyone stepped it up when they had too get it done.
I agree with Pie-ki-chu, Mike Brownridge was the MVP. He made this one pick, I swear he jumped 10 feet in the air and time stopped.

I would like to thank Mike Piecuch, Al Desaulniers and Scott Rhodes(Calgary) for coming out and playing great tournament. Thanks Al for rushing while I was dying in the sidelines.

I would also like to give props to Brad and Donny for coming out to Edmonton and reffing. They were by far the best refs out there.

Damian

Comment Posted by Avengerman Aug 08, 2006 06:12 AM

Also Sonya Leung(The Chargers) came out and played with Nordic who won it on the Womens side. She was by far the best player out there.

Comment Posted by avengers Aug 08, 2006 06:16 AM

Don't forget Sonya's representation on the Blazers! Winnipeg done good on the weekend (with the exception of the unfortunate "rail dancing" incident by pie-ki-chu), notwithstanding that incident Token elevated his game out in Edmonton as well.

Jon

Comment Posted by jkull Aug 08, 2006 09:21 AM

How do you guys enter intermediate in Edmonton and plan on going into elite in Regina? The Regina tournament is more competetive than the Edmonton tourney.

I don't mean this to knock you guys down, but I think you guys are too good to be playing in intermediate? Don't you? If I were on one of the intermediate teams that lost to you, I would have somewhat of a sour taste in my mouth, but hey, that's just me stirring the pot I guess.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 08, 2006 10:48 AM

Back off Kull, I 'm the Chef here.

Yeah what Jeff says! No wait...can't let that happen...must get censored....

Prepare for a lesson in coolkin. Are ya ready Transcona boy?

You are just dissin the Avengers 'cause you're afraid they are going to kick your Outsider/Assassin ass. You know that defence is the best anyone has seen, and you boys are scared of it. I've heard the whispers. None of your offensive (and I do mean offensive, that is the ugliest group of mugs I have ever seen)guys know what the Avenger D is doin. So you just want to rain on their intermediate parade. tsk tsk!

Seriously, Jeff,screw Regina! If those western wussies want payback, get their asses to Winnipeg for TOC. Our boys won on the road, let's see if those wussie westerners can do the same.

Avengers are # 1 best Intermdiate team in the West, and they proved it.

Assassin, Eagles, Outsiders, bah, humbug!

Go Avengers!

Comment Posted by avengers Aug 08, 2006 11:48 AM

Avengers were intermediate because 1/3rd of our team did not make the trip to Edmonton. Secondly 4/7 teams that entered Intermediate were division I in their respective leagues.

Avengers will go elite when we get most of our team to come - hence Elite in Regina (and we don't stack our team for those tourneys ala the Assassins). I would feel bad if I was one of the Assassins who play all year but watch from the sidelines at tourneys.

Jon

Comment Posted by spider Aug 08, 2006 12:49 PM

Jonnnnnnyyyyy,

Don't be dissin a group that has travelled and represented Manitoba and the WTFL across Canada for the last 27 years. The boys have played with their team,and usualy add a few to make up for guys not travellin.

Sometimes you have the odd party guy who drinks too much and can't really play the next day, so it's good to have a few travel squad members. And they play all their guys in games where their guys can play. Not every one can play at the Elite level, all the time. Sometimes you have to strategically play those Black aces. Maybe they start one game, maybe they play special teams the next.

All team members have a role to play. It's part of being on the best damn team in Western Canada.

You'll see. Who are you guys pickin up? You guys are a little slow and short on the O side of things, don't ya think???

What a Final we will have in the WTFL though. Who will play the Assassins in the final? The Eagles (er Bison Alumni)...seven in a row, the Sun Partied out..will Marlon everplay again? and the Intermediate Champion Avengers.

Who will come out of he pack and not finish 4th?

K-Dog can you believe Jon is dissin the Assassins???
Tim what time for Hooters on Thursday? 4:30ish

Comment Posted by Token Aug 08, 2006 01:17 PM

You're damn right Jon's dissing the Assassins, but he was provoked. Like Jon said, Avengers went to Edmonton with less than their normal team and we played against other div. 1 teams. Kull then has the audacity to publicly dis our team to the whole league... that's very typical classless Assassin horseshit.

It's no wonder most people in this league think the Assassins are dicks.

On a side note, Jon never said the Assassins weren't a good team. We all know what they can do and what they've accomplished. I don't feel like Jon's response was out of line.

Mike

Comment Posted by jkull Aug 08, 2006 04:19 PM

Classless? I speak for myself and not for any team, so put the Assassins aside.

You guys can think what you want, but when the Avengers cry ethics at the beginning of the year about the Outsiders, I think it's pathetic that you guys would lower youself for a tournament. Brownie was there, Jon, Kanny I'm sure.

I've played against almost all of the teams on the elite side and I can tell you that you that you would have competed against all of those teams. I think you guys are better than Intermediate, so how is it that I have no class telling you guys that? Nobody is provoking anybody.

Comment Posted by Byatch Aug 08, 2006 07:17 PM

Is this really about the Edmonton tourney or is there more to it?

Hmmmm

Comment Posted by Byatch Aug 08, 2006 07:19 PM

Congrats to you guys for representing the Peg and winning regardless of the Division.
If it was strictly based on drinking then you would definitely have to play in Elite.

Thurston

Comment Posted by Kelsey Aug 13, 2006 06:05 PM

WHOOOOAAAAA......hold up gentleman!!

Congrats Jon/Avengers. Well done in Edmonton. Bottom line-Winnipeg team goes out of province to play-they win, great job.

NOW-TOKEN-who the hell are you? and who do you think you are with a comment like that? I was going to stay out of this one, then a little birdie chirped up a hair ball of comment---- "It's no wonder most people in this league think the Assassins are dicks." I wonder if that is just you running your mouth off-or if your really looking to lose some teeth? and 'most people'?? whats that all about-did you do a survey over the weekend?

This isnt Mike as in Mike red hat Mike is it? Brownridge? i hope not-I did have some respect for you. Advice for you-dont trash the Assassins, and we play you on Wednesday-keep your head up!

K

Comment Posted by avengers Aug 13, 2006 09:33 PM

Brownridge doesn't know how to turn a computer on, nor how to trash talk, so it isn't him. Brownie can dance like Lurch, jump tall building in a single bound, and kick ass at Madden however.

Jon

Comment Posted by Kelsey Aug 14, 2006 07:09 AM

I'm glad its not him...I dig how he plays-he's a tough sob. My bad Mikey, I knew you wouldnt say something like that.

SOO...who owns up to it then? Wait another lil' birdie with another lil' hairball.....morningwood eh? Morningwood as in the Div5 team? The team full of dudes that Timmy coaches? Are you kidding me? Piecooch? who is this guy? You know its not even worth my effort...Im actually taken back that some chump would decided to dis the Assassins from a different div. Well done MikePiecooch, next time you got something to say about the Assassins-say it to our face? If you cant deal with that-shut the HELL UP BOY!!!

Comment Posted by Alzies Aug 14, 2006 09:42 AM

I think Kelsey needs or something.

Comment Posted by Alzies Aug 14, 2006 09:44 AM

oops was suppose to say needs a hug or something.

Comment Posted by Token Aug 14, 2006 07:23 PM

You don't like the comment? then tell your players to keep their unwarranted disses to themselves. An intermediate division win vs. other div. 1 teams is not an easy accomplishment, and for one of your players to say that we played in a lesser division to get a championship is bull.

Mike

Comment Posted by spider Aug 15, 2006 03:53 AM

Yo Token,

er.... the last time I looked the Avengers were playing Elite...am I missing something?

Comment Posted by laping_baby Aug 15, 2006 05:55 AM

Kelsey,

I said it and I'm sorry.

I was drunk at the time. My wife came home with an old Native home brew and you know how that stuff can rock your world.

I woke up the other morning covered in pickles......it was wierd.

Comment Posted by Matty Aug 15, 2006 07:42 AM

Quote "An intermediate division win vs. other div. 1 teams is not an easy accomplishment"

But your a division 1 team aren t you?

I think it is an easy accomplishment.

Haven t the Assassins won 20 of the last 21 Regina division 1 Tournaments? Regina is a much tougher Tournament then Edmonton is. It's why the Assassins don't really bother with Edmonton... no competition.

Am I stirring the pot enough : )??

Just want to make sure you boys are rev'd up for my return on Wednesday night : )

See you boys on the field..

/salute

Chris Matheson

Comment Posted by Kelsey Aug 15, 2006 09:02 AM

HEY token-Im confused....you DID play in a lesser div to get the championship! did you not? What am I missing here? I already gave you props for the win-right? ANY team from Winnipeg that goes out of town to play(regardless of div) and wins---well RIGHT ON!! thats awsome!! BUT-your missing the point. If the Assassins were in Edmonton-would the Avengers still have played in that div? or would they have stepped up and played in the same div as we would have? hmmm...

****this is not the issue though.

As far as you calling the Asssassins dicks-thats where there is an issue.

SOOOO...listen-Im not dissin ya for playin in a lower div-I think that speaks volumes for itself. BUT if some chumpzilla from morningwood has an issue with the Assassins-he better have a damn good reason. SOOO what is it?? why is some chump calling out the Assassins? I mean we dont even play agaisnt you? HOW the HELL do you know what were like? Next time you got something to say about the Assassins-give me a shout!! Hell give ANY of us a shout!! We'll talk about it!! Then you wont make an ass out of yourself on here. I'm through with you-you want to continue this-lets do it over a beer and a brawl!(you pick the order)

LAPING BABY-where have you been all my life?? Love the ol'native brew...dont we call that RYE?? Im gonna be polite about your pickle situation....just gonna leave it at that!!

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 15, 2006 09:07 AM

If it's any help kelsey, I think you guys are dicks too. But only cuz you guy have kull.

:)

Comment Posted by Avengerman Aug 15, 2006 10:17 AM

In Edmonton Intermediate, 5 of the 7 teams were 1st div teams in there respective city. So I was told.

Right now Avengers are commited to Elite in Regina.

Matty, I can't wait till Wednesday.

Damian

Comment Posted by laping_baby Aug 15, 2006 11:05 AM

Kelsey,

it's ok, say what's on your mind.

I only said the pickle thing to try and get some insight to how that could have happened.

I'll tell you what I think. My wife being Native filled me with poison and tried to make a social out of me.

Comment Posted by Kelsey Aug 15, 2006 05:27 PM

Marcus-JKull? what the hell is wrong with that dude! He's a stellar player! He's a stellar guy! I've never known him any other way.

Damian-We've moved on from the Edmonton tourney-how many times do I have to give the Avengers props-shit. WE GET THE POINT!! YOU GUYS WON-GREAT JOB!! I'm simply trying to step up and get an answer to why some chump is dissin the Assassins.

Laping-Ask your wife how much tickets are for YOUR social-sounds like TOKEN may be interested in some all you can eat Laping!!

Comment Posted by Alzies Aug 15, 2006 05:52 PM

Avengers suck, what a bunch of intermediate wimps, assassins rule.

Comment Posted by jkull Aug 15, 2006 06:46 PM

Jeanson Sucks, Laping is average, Desaulniers rules, and Avengers won an intermediate tourmanent. That pretty much sums up this thread.

Oh yeah, Kelsey rules too.

Comment Posted by Token Aug 15, 2006 07:59 PM

I went back and read my last posting and I see where the confusion is coming (I need to stop drinking and then posting). My point was that we didn't play in the intermediate division merely to guarantee us a championship. Avengers have played that div. for a few years and never finished higher than third, so why would we play elite with a less than full team?

And Kelsey, I don't mean to say that you guys aren't a great football team. Like I said in an earlier posting, everyone knows what you guys are capable of and that the road to a div. 1 championship goes through you. But certainly you realize that Assassins do not have a great reputation in the city, and comments like Kull's above don't help that.

Mike

Comment Posted by spider Aug 15, 2006 08:58 PM

"...don't have a great reputation in the city,..."???!!!

You can't help yourself by making insane comments can you? You don't even know the Assassins. You don't even play against them????

Yikes! Crazy....just crazy!

What will he say next?

Comment Posted by pippen33 Aug 16, 2006 12:21 PM

i think those assassins are a bunch of diks ... that tim shea thinks he is so good always makin fun..... sayn i wear a funny lookin hat....come on timmy its not a hat do i look fu*%in Jewish to you?....and that bernie he seems to be scared of even showin up for games....and then there is kull...are you an assassin or an outsider make up your mind....assassins are a bunch of hooligans( matheson/kull ) they just seem to think that fightin and arguin is the only way to solve things....come on guys cant we talk things through before we throw some upper cuts....and then there is kelsey...Mr DQ... he is such a sissy it makes me sick... wit his big tough guy biker handle bars... it would be a first round knockout if we were to go at it....Now i turn my attention to the 'intermediate champs' The Avengers...come on guys play at the top level or go home...im sorry who won the NIT championship for college ball last year? or better yet...who won the NCAA div2 championship for football?....my point is no one remembers unless you play at the top level...so i guess for you guys intermediate was an accomplishment but for the really competitive ones its jus a warm up....kanwal its time for you to come and play wit your EI brothers...we are waitin for you to join the squad....we drink jus as much rye as the averngers maybe more so come on down.....

Comment Posted by Kelsey Aug 16, 2006 12:29 PM

HAHAHAHA-sukie-i cant stop laughin'-Im cryin over here. Just remember you a lil' mosquito to me!!! SHIT thats hilarious....see you tonite!!

Comment Posted by spider Aug 16, 2006 12:37 PM

Is Suk comin to watch?

Is he bringin the Party bus?

Go Dickheads!

Comment Posted by laping_baby Aug 17, 2006 04:22 AM

Suk, You wear a hat?

Kull, You wear womens under wear?

Kelsey, You wear a biker mustache?

Marcus, You wear tye dyed shirts to sleep with girls?

Ryan, Love you

Comment Posted by viking32 Aug 17, 2006 04:29 AM

Just want to start off by saying congrats to the Avengers for winning here in Edmonton. And that this is in no way a bash regarding their entry in Intermediate division at our tourny.

To clarify something for you guys regarding the teams that were entered in the Intermediate division in Edmonton. There was 1 Div. 1 Edmonton team (Vanquish) entered, and I would call them more of a tweener team. They play in div. 1 but should be in div. 2. The Edmonton Bulldogs are a solid div. 2 team. The Edmonton Razorbacks are a div. 3 team working hard to move up to div. 2. As far as the Regina teams goes. The Hawgs & Cowboys are a div. 1 & 2 tweener teams and the SMUDF seem to be a solid div. 2 team.

The tourny organizers realize that the Avengers are a div. 1 team in Winnipeg, but since they had never won the tourny, why wouldn't we let them enter Intermediate.

Conrad

Comment Posted by spider Aug 18, 2006 12:01 AM

This one is getting funny.

Jon, your parents named you well! Because when Jon, "plays" well he is on. J is on =Jon!

You must have a Doctorate in psychology. You now have convinced those "rubes" in Alberta, that it's the poor old, little, hard done by, Intermediate, barely have enough guys, out of town, one eye looking at you and the other looking for you, whoa is me, Avengers. Hmmmm!It's funny how the Assassins are one of the few who think the Avengers are too good, and have noted this in this thread!!

It's like the Assassins, through their disdain for the Avengers playing "beneath themselves" in an Intermediate tournament, have actually acknowledged and voiced their concern/respect/opinion of the Avengers. They actually seem to respect the Avengers more than anyone.

No wonder, That same "never won anything" group, just defeated those same Assassins, for the second time in league play, last night! That would be the same Assassins ranked # 8 in Canada, and winners of the last Regina labour day tourney, having knocked off this past years Edmonton Elite winner, Meglomania!!!

Yes, the Avengers are an Intermediate team, yes the Avengers are an intermediate team. If I keep saying it enough times, MAYBE, I'll believe it.

NOT!

JON = J is on, is approaching "Mesiah" status. First it started at the U of M, then the Ultimate league, then Indoor, and now the WTFL....J-ON use your powers wisely. Someone once said..."with great power, comes great responsibility." May the farce be with you!. Stay on the good side.

Don't go over to the darkside. and don't give us anymore of that "Intermediate" spin. Those days are gone. Time to re-set those goals!!

Face it. The Avengers are the best damn team,in the best damn Touch football league in the World!

Avengers Rule!

Comment Posted by Byatch Aug 19, 2006 12:35 AM

Regardless of where the Avengers play in Regina, the trophy will be coming home to the Peg.
Eagles/Assassins and Avengers all in the Elite tourney. Should be a dandy.

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 19, 2006 05:02 PM

"Regardless of where the Avengers play in Regina, the trophy will be coming home to the Peg. " - I would hope there "casper" that since your representing the "OC" out in the city that rhymes with fun (is that how Wendy put it?) you would be putting a shout out for the Orange Crush (seriously I hate that name) to be the ones bringing home the intermediate hardware..... regardless a big personal shout out to Mr. Brett "casper" Thurston for helping organize the trip out there for us, regardless of what Mr Wrinkles (glen dyck) has to say about u On here the OC appreciates u.... by the way Glen we'll see you on Monday, I hope you feel like playing a full game this time and not talking your ball home at half time to play tennis.....

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Aug 20, 2006 06:26 AM

Major burn, nice........

Comment Posted by nomads Aug 20, 2006 03:17 PM

Marty: Are you still upset for me catching you trying to win by default.
Glen

Comment Posted by nomads Aug 20, 2006 05:40 PM

Marty: Why did you leave the Hurricanes?
Glen

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 21, 2006 03:44 AM

"Marty: Are you still upset for me catching you trying to win by default.
Glen" - That's truly funny.

Why would the OC or yours truly want to win by default?? We came to play, it's not our fault your roster at the time was small, glad to see you have done what everyone else has and recruited from the lower divisions, those new players will learn a ton playing with the great guys you have on your team.

Glen as a veteran QB who I happen to respect because u have done alot for the league getting stadium games etc I don't know why u would of walked off like that and made it personal, I never tried to sabotage your season, we as in 3 teams pointed out what you were doing was against the league rules that was it. your season wasn't going too good as your not accustomed to being at the bottom of a division but things happen I mean i can remember plenty of times that the Nomads / Kan Krazy / NWO laid lickens on the teams I threw for years ago, u never once saw myself or my teams quit at half time especially to go play tennis.

Regarding the hurricanes? we lost in the championship to those damn woodies :), I wanted to move up to div 2 they didn't, The OC has been a better fit. nuff said.

See you tonight Mr Dyck, Hope you bring a chair and a "tennis for dummies book" because your going to be on the sidelines most of the evening as our Offence teaches u a thing or 2 :)

Comment Posted by nomads Aug 21, 2006 07:20 AM

Marty: Why aren't you in div 2???? Your offence is average and without Wayne it is well below average. Your defence is your strength. Check the numbers.
Glen

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 21, 2006 07:46 AM

Hey Glen,

guess we'll see how much fact there is to your theory tonight about the numbers seeing how Mr. Jackson won't be available this evening because he will be playing Assassins.

By the way after my receivers read your little post about our so called "impotent" offense , I use that word specifically because I know thats one word used alot around you Glen at check up time with your doctor :) anyways after Phil, Ziggy and Vaughn read this I think you have given us more than enough incentive to take advantage of that inexperienced secondary you have now :)

See you tonight mr Becker, I mean pecker, I mean Dyck :)

Marty B
OC QB #18

Comment Posted by nomads Aug 21, 2006 09:56 AM

Marty: I'm sorry to hear your on medication.
Glen

Comment Posted by Byatch Aug 21, 2006 02:15 PM

7:15 pm

**Ass kicking in progress**

Comment Posted by Byatch Aug 21, 2006 02:18 PM

7:18 pm

**Beating almost over**

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Aug 21, 2006 06:10 PM

How bad was it?

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 22, 2006 03:36 AM

well it wasn't as one sided as we would of hoped, 3 weeks off for the OC offense and it showed, plenty of poor routes, bad throws and and some very good defense by the Nomads had us turn over the ball way to much, final was 28-6 maybe but we still got the W.

Turning point was probably Norm Mcreight breaking on a Glen Dyck pass and taking it back to the house from mid field. to put us up 12-0. Overall the Nomads defense kept us in check for the first 3 qtrs and Roger Pilloud gets props from me as he made a key interception in the endzone, 2 sacks (got ripped off on one) had a few catches on O, the kid stepped up.

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 22, 2006 03:40 AM

sorry final was 30-6, game was closer then what the score shows.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 22, 2006 06:23 AM

That's why we play 'em right!

Nice little bit of drama there boys.

Who's next in the "game of the week"

How about Sun Parties playing three games in two days. They came out 2 - 1.

Just a comment, how come the schedule is all screwed up(again?),and many are not told of the changes??

Where's the next bit of drama?

Comment Posted by avengers Aug 22, 2006 06:52 AM

Schedule is not screwed up and all are informed of any changes.

Jon

Comment Posted by spider Aug 22, 2006 08:19 AM

Well I beg to differ. I was going to watch the Assassin game at Opt last night, going straight from my practice, but then learned it was moved to HS Paul. I only found out the day before, because I reffed one of the teams the day before.

Also on the refs schedule, BK was scheduled to ref at two different spots at the same time his team played.

OK, I guess that is not screwed up.

So what schedule is one to look at to find out when teams play? I have a refs schedule, and then there is the web schedule. I am endeavouring to get some sideline refs for some of the future games where no one is available. It would be nice to know if I send these guys out, that there will be games, as per the schedule I received. If there are no games,because teams or someone has cancelled, then these guys will still get paid? right?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com