Forums » General » Where are the Women Allstars ???

Messages for Where are the Women Allstars ???

Comment Posted by mel Aug 17, 2006 08:38 AM

How come all stars from women's division are not being acknowledged in some way on on August 18th at the stadium ? Hopefully this is merely a temporary oversight.An allstar game for the women would have been nice. A skills competion would have even sufficed. The all star day is a fun positive event that makes people proud to be associated with this sport and proud of the WTFL. Having the ladies part of this event would make them feel equal in importance and help grow the sport. Heck it would even make it more fun for the men. Having watched several of the women's games I am astonished by the high caliber of their play. There are many all stars among the women and as equal members of our fine league they justly deserve to be acknowledged.How about a co-ed celebration for future years ? And kudos to Wendy for having done such an excellent job in bringing the Women's Division together in the last 2 years. And lets not forget the efforts of the excellent volunteer coaches.

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 17, 2006 08:45 AM

There will be one next year for sure. Originally we wanted the all-star game to be on a saturday afternoon where we could rent it for a bit longer to incorporate in their game. But because of time constraints and lack of available stadium days that would've worked, we couldn't do it this year.

This year will be pretty tight on time as it is, but next year we will have stuff in place to make sure all the divisions are involved in the event.

Comment Posted by sonya Aug 17, 2006 01:27 PM

Why couldn't we just have participated with the men???

Comment Posted by spider Aug 17, 2006 02:18 PM

Mel and Marcus for President!

What's going on their Mel? Marcus Are you entering the civic election? or trying to meet some nice young....er, in Mel's case, old hottie???

Hey speaking of which...since they don't have anything for the women, why not do something right now, right here!

And Mel since you are trying to be sincere, I am sorry.....but it's a fact women can't play football!!! Prissy, dainty, can't throw, can't run, can't catch, "Oh I broke a nail..." What is this world coming to?:)

OK OK, I am just joking! But damned, you are right Mel, it seems like those chauvenists who run this league, have dissed the woman, by not including them.

So let's go with an all WTFL Hottie team (Now bare in mind, I have not seen as many women's games this season, but I did attend the spring camp, and reffed a bit last year.)

And for the contests we could have:

Best Smile - Tee Morden
Best Dancer - Kim Phyles - Oh wait, that would be Hall of Fame Monique Ditter
Best Baker- Adele Kapeluch
.....Mel that's being abit chauvenistic, don't you think? We are talking football dude. Let's get a little bit more serious..

So Mel help me out here. I know some of the players from past experience, so I'll base my picks on that. Mel, you as the parent of one of the gals, I am sure you have your GM/parent hat on, most if not all the time.... and judging from all the recruits you stole for the Maniax (that team should be in 2nd div, by the way),you probably have eyed some of the talent in this years Woman's div.

Therefore, on behalf of, and, unbeknownst to Mel....

Here is the M and M version of the All-WTFL Hottie Team

QB - Sonya. No last name needed. Like Madonna and Michael and Kobe and "Mel" We all know she is. I said in an earlier thread, the best female player in Canada.

Backfield QB- Adele Kapeluch - Adele would be #1 (except for you know who)Adele has to be the top female player of her generation. Adele also starred in the league since it's inception in the mid 80's, as a defender and receiver.

Center - Wendy, the head honcho,Shapenia. Without her,Mel, you and I wouldn't be posting this. Wendy is thee smartest woman I know. She owns her own business, has laboured at this league/division and made that happen, runs such "prissy" curl patterns (hey I have it on film so don't say a word!!!), refs!!! and is hot!!!

Receiver - Monique Ditter - QB/ Rec/DB. This former Canadian National Team Handball Team goalie, also was an original league member back in 1984, playing for the ex-U.of W basketball team the Crimson Tide, coached by former legendary Assassin Charles Posthumous. Monique was of course, awesome as a young lady, but, she was also one of the best punters, in any division. This past season in Indoor Monique played QB. However, Monique will always be remembered by me, for her antics in Hull,( as my dance partner dancing to "Dancing in the street," by David Bowie/Mick Jagger, and then taking me out to a strip bar..... a malestrip bar!!! and the bridge back to Ottawa and the lampshade incident. Mel there is more, but, I know your daughter will read this so....

Receiver/DB - Melissa Harmon. Hey she's a Harmon! You should have seen her defend her territory (they stole my hotel suite in Regina last year, and scared BK all to hell) Again, another star of the Assassins legends team and Flash from last year, having won the title in both leagues. Awesome hands...(Mel!!!!) and tough( just not when it comes time to fingers)

Center/DB-Tannis Wilson, - another league original, and former Woman's league President, also played center and DB. Toughest woman player of all time, plus scary partier! Tanis is the type of player you want on your side, and do not want to play against. Confirmed her spot on the All Hottie team last year, by diving to make a tag, at the stadium, while several months pregnant. It wasagreat play, but her team was charged with having too any players....(Mel she was pregnant -carrying a child!)(Man, Hersak, when you have to explain them, it takes all the fun out of it)

Rec/DB - Theresa Morden. Another league original, playing for the Heartbreakers. Is she the hottest of the all Hottie team? (and you know you are Theresa.) (am I spellimg that right?) :) OK I'm going with one of your nicknames "Tee"!! One of the only players, I have seen, Mel, whose skills have improved as she has become more experienced. Awesome Indoor Final this past season, leading her team to victory,with several outstanding receptions.

OK, Mel..since this is an M and M collaboration, I'll let you handle the next 7

And while Mel doesn't know this, he and I will agree to purchase packages of M and M's for all our all-stars, and present them to the girls at the reception at Hooters after the games during the Hooters knockoff contest, Mel you are on!

Give us the next Seven...,and don't start with your daughter!.....There is enough nepotism out there already...Wendy letting her beau and his brother "coach"...As if those former Assassin stars and current National Flag team players know anything...

Go Mel!

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 17, 2006 03:58 PM

If women want to participate in the skills competitions tomorrow that's fine by me, but we won't have enough prizes to have a separate Men's and Women's winner. So each event will only have one prize up for grabs.

Next year we'll start the planning a bit earlier so that we can get enough to do this properly. Again, my apologizes to the women's division.

If there ladies that want to enter in the skills competitions tomorrow send me an email. Same rules apply, 1 person from each team for the events etc etc.

There will not be a coed all-star game though.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 17, 2006 04:14 PM

Hey maybe one of those yet unknown or identiefied sponsors would want to jump in at this late date, for the fastest woman, longest female thrower, etc.

Mel?

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com