Forums » General » Late games

Messages for Late games

Comment Posted by jmack Aug 27, 2006 04:09 PM

I think the games starting at 730 during the week now is total BS.... we pay good money to play full games and with 730 starts we do not even have an hour. Sunset is 821 as of today... If this is going to continue i think the teams that have to play then get a discount... why cant we start at 630 like the other league? It just shows again and again why this league is going down the tubes... Nothing beats 50 minutes of playing time... pretty well a half of paying time...

Comment Posted by avengers Aug 27, 2006 04:57 PM

With the number of teams in this league we would have to cut the number of games down just like in the other league which gives you two less games. Not only that, there are Saturday games all summer long over there (no we do not go every saturday during summer here). Only with those two provisions could we go with 6:30 start times. So it is a little dark ... who cares? The best of the best play in the "W" for good reason, it is the better league hands down.

Jon

Comment Posted by ziggy75 Aug 28, 2006 11:09 AM

hands down is abit much i'd say jon.

for those who dont know i do play in both leagues (on 2 teams in each mind you) and ref in the other league as well (well i try to ref just ask todd...lol). i wouldn't say that one league is better than the other,but i would say it seems to most players that one tries harder.

maybe its the fact that this year saw abit of a shuffle in its exec. there seems to be a few kinks this year as apposed to last year even.

other than the than the div 1 in this league the play is pretty much the same level here as it is there.

Comment Posted by avengers Aug 28, 2006 11:24 AM

No way the top teams in div 2 or 3 in the U can compete with the teams in div 2 and 3 in the WTFL. Can't speak to the lower levels, but the competition is much higher in the W and that includes divs 2 and 3.

Jon

Comment Posted by ziggy75 Aug 28, 2006 11:47 AM

come on really,lets see dive 2 bowflexers= div 3 torsion, and we all know i play in div 3 and i think you take away the oc (powerhouse...lol) no d utfl team last year div 2 mind you...st.v utfl div 3 champs (dont think they'd repeat in the utfl this year). so reallt i think it was a good move for your team to make the jump to play "better" teams ,but beyond that it way to close to call. that's why i say hands down is not even close.

Comment Posted by avengers Aug 28, 2006 12:11 PM

Bowflexors and Torsion while having some similar players are not the same. Aztecs and Blazers could (not saying would) win Div 1 in the UTFL (and get destroyed in Div 1 WTFL) and would easily beat any teams in Div 2 UT. Come on Ziggy you are not making a case. The best players play in the W and as a result the best teams.

Jon

Comment Posted by everett Aug 28, 2006 01:42 PM

I'll try to be tactful here. You are well aware Jon that I believe the measure of success in a league has nothing to do with the talent of players. If that was the deciding criteria then we would need to concede that Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver have superior leagues to Winninpeg and that is something I would never concede.

Pride in ones league should consider value for the players money. Quality of fields, competitive level of opposition, competence of officiating, etc. are the sort of things that make for great touch football. Under this thinking all players in Winnipeg should be grateful for what is available in Touch Football. I have seen most of the countries leagues first hand and both Winnipeg Leagues offer GREAT value for the players money!

Looking forward to TOC in October. It will be great to see some of your teams and officials again. Good luck on TOC and to your playoffs. I hope Todd and Brad have some energy left to officiate a game or two with myself.

Comment Posted by avengers Aug 28, 2006 05:52 PM

Agreed Everett. My discussion centered around calibre of play and nothing else. No one can argue that the best teams play in the W. Any other arguements are not part of my discussion. Get some teams in the UTFL to join TOC and prove me wrong!

Jon

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Aug 28, 2006 06:35 PM

The W vs the U!! Division winners play each other in the dead of winter on the real frozen tundra. Last man standing is declared the winner. Ev, Cliff & GOV reunite on Touch Beat to broadcast it live to the world! Reality series contract, big $$, build a touch complex (complete with a licensed bar and some naughty nurses for Dr. Bender) and name it after me........... Oh yeah, losing league buys the first round.

Comment Posted by Byatch Aug 28, 2006 08:20 PM

Screw this...I'm joining the Laping Super League!

Comment Posted by spider Aug 28, 2006 08:21 PM

OK MJ

You gave me a shot about being retarded, what are ya going to say about that one???

ED, if you don't start sharing.....:)

ED???? ZERO teams in Manitoba will enter a tournament because they play too many games already, and there are no weekends free for them.(for family, the lake, etc) If they do have a weekend off,the LAST thing they want to do is play in a tournament, that costs a half their league fee.

Look at what's happened to the JUne Spring Tourney we used to offer, the Grand beach tourney, and even Regina???? WPG used to send a ton of teams out there.

Look at our own poor TOC. ZERO WPG teams!!! I can't believe it, but then again...maybe I can.
What's up with that you wise ole sage? or Kirby! (Ha! ha! ha!) sorry!

BK jump in here!

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 28, 2006 08:34 PM

How did I get involved in this? Am I MJ? When did I call you retarded?

Comment Posted by mbender Aug 29, 2006 03:34 AM

I like Ed's idea :)

When I'm out in city that rhymes with fun this weekend, I'll be sure to bring up that your looking for cast members for your reality series as I am giving them their physical :)

Comment Posted by rey Aug 29, 2006 09:36 AM

marcus, i think that you implied, without directly stating, that darrell was not normal.

as far as ed's idea goes, darrell, how many people are going to the lake in the dead of winter?

i think it's a great idea as i know for a fact, as jonny (and kanny among others) is my witness, i'll be the last man standing. just ask, in correct order, goose, Z and hannssen what happens when i get up a head of steam on the frozen manmade lakes of manitoba.

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 29, 2006 09:53 AM

I meant normal as in non-exec or people in the know. Sorry to all the "retards" that I insulted :)

Comment Posted by spider Aug 29, 2006 03:17 PM

He did it again.

He did it again.
Rev! There I did it. NO I won't correct it.(the V) It is true. You know it, I know it, the only living member of the ratz football team computer literate, is you. You are the man!...the REV!!!

OK my turn Rev, the lake...dead of winter....? Sorry, I'm a little burnt, you know going back to school, first days of the new mighty Maroon football team training camp etc.... Just got home, got the new high speed internet, and digital cable.....this will be the end of my long posts. NFL all day every day.
Go ahead MJ.insult me all you want. It doesn't matter.

I don't know???
25 - 3

and I don't know???

Hmmm! wanna bet?!
(Riders suck! but I 'm going to the game MJ and you are not!!! Guess where my tickets are? Rider fun zone!!!...where all your friends are!!!and you won't be there!):)

Comment Posted by marcus Aug 29, 2006 05:27 PM

Oh I'll be in Regina baby. Rider Pride bitches.

Comment Posted by jkull Aug 29, 2006 05:59 PM

I'm with my man Mazur on this one. Jeason....Riders suck! That's where my family is from, and I don't even like them.

Comment Posted by jkull Aug 29, 2006 06:00 PM

Look at that, you even made me spell your name wrong Jensen.

Comment Posted by spider Aug 29, 2006 08:20 PM

Bombers! Bombers! Bombers! A one legged QB and they still beat the banjo pickers! MJ are ya going to wear that cute little helmet thingy, and put on that white makeup.

Jeff? has MJ ever bend over and played center?????

OK you have to cut this one, it's gonna get r -rated.

MJ you ain't even going. Where are your tickets. Ours are on the goal line where the Bombers will score their 5 TDs, and we have the top row for best viewing of the field and priarie landscape.

Anyone want to buy a Bomber Victory game Ticket $ 85.00
Damn, it's frickens old out, which means the black out will be lifted. I am retarded!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com