Forums » General » aints pylons

Messages for aints pylons

Comment Posted by DP Oct 01, 2006 07:06 AM

does anyone know who won this game?

Comment Posted by theprez Oct 01, 2006 07:22 AM

I do believe the Pylons could not field a team and the Aints were default winners.

Check site tonight for confirmation.

Comment Posted by Kip Oct 01, 2006 07:28 AM

I would like to call out the Wheel City Garden Gnomes for not showing up to our playoff game. Both the South Side Trojans and the Aints won our first playoff games by default because the teams didn't even bother to show up. Why pay your registration, play all season and then not show up to the playoffs? Hey Gnomes, the least you guys could've done is phone our team rep and tell everybody not to show up. What was your reason again? You went to a vikings game or something? I hope you guys get penalized some way some how because that's bull shit to not show up.
Russ
#32 SS Trojans

Comment Posted by Jyuen Oct 01, 2006 05:05 PM

That sucks. Oh well they paid to play, it's their money i suppose. What can you do.

Comment Posted by Grob Oct 02, 2006 04:21 AM

Not cool at all how the pylons did not show up for their playoff game. Funny how they showed up for the the round previous. Totally takes the fun out of the game. Something should be done. In the Labatt Super Men's BBall that I play in, if a team skips out on a game, their credit card for the team who pulls the no show gets ding'd $100 and gets sent to the other team. Not saying that we want money from them, but does this league do something to enourage people to show for their games. Especially for a playoff?

Greg
#13 Aints

Comment Posted by Mark Oct 02, 2006 05:31 AM

During the regular season if a team does not show up they do get fined $50 and the team that did show up gets a refund. I am not sure how much it is. I am not sure if it applies to the playoffs though. If not maybe it should.

Comment Posted by smalley Oct 02, 2006 05:46 AM

Greg,

The Pylons appoligize for defaulting. We didn't miss a game all year but due to over half our team having previous commitments for Saturday, we unfortunately had to default. I found this out immediatley after our win over the Money Shots and tried to set up a game for you guys to play them in our absence (I didn't want to short you guys on a game as I wouldn't want that to happen to us). I had an ok from the prez (he was at the game) for the switch and an initial yes from the Money Shots that they would play. The next day they changed their mind so there was nothing more I could do.

Good luck the rest of the way through.

Ryan - Pylons

Comment Posted by Ian D III Oct 02, 2006 06:24 AM

We have one game during the season where the other team couldn't field a team, we didn't get any money. I dont know if the rule applies to all divisions or all except new divs.

Comment Posted by DP Oct 02, 2006 07:48 AM

I'm sure if you contact the team rep and at least let them know your team isn't going to show up, then you don't waste everyones time!! I'm sure that their is something you could have done to prevent a whole team from showing up to play nobody...it sucks when that happens.
Dennis
Stealers

Comment Posted by smalley Oct 02, 2006 08:32 AM

Dennis,

I did email the team rep so they wouldn't waste their time. If he didn't relay that on to his players than that's their issue.

Ryan - Pylons

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 02, 2006 08:34 AM

The money due to teams for default fines are collectable at the AGM in december. So show up to the AGM and get your money.

Comment Posted by sonya Oct 02, 2006 03:26 PM

We had a game that was defaulted early in the season. The other team had notified the league but our team was still only notified the day before. They tried to reschedule the game, but the other team just took the default loss. We didn't get a game or a default fee because it was deemed the other team had given enough notice. But we still got short changed by a game and didn't get anything. Can we collect our default fine at the AGM as well?

Comment Posted by Jyuen Oct 02, 2006 06:27 PM

Well the way i'd see it is if you default, the other team should still get a refund regardless of having notice. That's the price you pay. Not fair to the team that can play but aren't able to.

Comment Posted by goose Oct 10, 2006 03:46 AM

KIP,
Wheel City sent an email to the president on Wednesday before the game letting him know that we would have to forfeit because we only had 5 players in Winnipeg on the Saturday of the game. The rest of us were in New York on a trip that had been planned months ago.
I also stated in the email that we would be more than happy to disqualify ourselves from our first round win over Venom if that would allow them to play instead of us.
Sorry that no one got in touch with you about this, that was not our intent.
Matt

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com