Forums » General » Over/ Under on Finals

Messages for Over/ Under on Finals

Comment Posted by cMACK Oct 15, 2006 12:42 PM

I precdict that SIX will score over 40 points and that the Stealers will score under 2, judging by the smack down six layed on the SS trojans today, and the fact that the Aints forgot to show up today vs. the stealers, to bad.

Comment Posted by DP Oct 15, 2006 12:54 PM

Okay cMACK,

That's what u think....

(this coming from the guy who turned his back on his team and let the Aints QB score a Tremendous 90+ yard rushing TD in the last play of the game, then pouted his way off the field and blamed his team for the loss.)..DUDE LEAVE IT ON THE FIELD

Let it go dude... u want us...we'll be playin indoor if not ...we see u next year...good luck with u guys, ( i was actually rootin' for ya yesterday!!)

team work...
not all games are won by throwing 40 + yard passes...with your Tremendous arm strength!!!

we march...untill the finals..

To the Aints,
well played game...those are the kind of games that are meant to be played..we have nothing but respect for the effort on your season and look forward to the future re-matches that are to come..to all the teams in new team 2....thanks for the season..good luck in the next one and we may see some of u next year

We are looking forward to play on sunday and hope that some guys come out for the support and we will try to take it to the new team 1 guys like we did at the all-star game..

We are pretty pumped to play Six and hope it turns out to be as fun as it was today..

Thanks Again.
Dennis
Stealers

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 15, 2006 02:37 PM

The game is on saturday not sunday and we're looking forward to it.

Comment Posted by cMACK Oct 15, 2006 03:29 PM

well buddy, if you see the stats you will see that my shitty arm strength led me to throw 48 tds this year in 12 games. as well in the game we played you we lost by only 6 points while missing our THREE best players. we will play you anytime anyplace.

by the way SIX WILL RAPE YOU this weekend.

Comment Posted by cMACK Oct 15, 2006 03:46 PM

btw, i think even the aints would admit had they have played the way they did today (hung over i heard) we woulda beat them yesterday.

Comment Posted by DP Oct 16, 2006 03:37 AM

I didn't say u had a shitty arm....u did!! and if u play QB every game and not throw that may then i would have to tell u that u suck....but it does show that u are versitile...45 td's and 3 points...well i had 25 td's 3 picks and 29 points..other TEAM MATES had 9 td or 8 or 4 td's as well as points,picks and sacks...goes to show u that we come to play football not positions!!....just goes to show that no matter how many td's one person throws doesn't get u to the FINALS...team work does...and on the day u guys played us....u may have been missing three of your best players...but we had no subs for the first quarter...and one sub the rest of the game...So talk all u want, fact of the matter is u are at home and we have one more game to play. by the way the Aints were hung over at ur game too!! no matter how many td's u throw in the season..playoffs is where they count!

Comment Posted by cMACK Oct 16, 2006 05:56 AM

what i said was they were hung over for your game not ours, but you are right about one thing, we are not playing anymore, so like i said in the first post, good luch with SIX!!!.

peace out.

Comment Posted by DP Oct 16, 2006 07:55 AM

I know that they weren't hung over at your game...i was told by the Aint's snapper that two of them were still juiced at game time. thanks man. We will probably run into the fockers acouple of times in the years to come and we are looking forward to playing. That game we did have was a close one and it was a very competitive game. those are the ones that are needed to make it to the end. Good luck to your boys too! maybe we'll see u guys in the indoor season! We are probably gonna enter 2 teams as we got a lot of guys on the outdoor roster, so two teams in two divisions, I don't see the point in playin 2 teams in the same division!... I also hate when the Div 1 players drop down to a new team or lower div in indoor, but to each their own!

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 16, 2006 08:54 AM

DP, are you refering to the guys on the Six team from upper divisions?

Comment Posted by DP Oct 16, 2006 01:17 PM

No,no,no
I have no idea who is on the six team...i'm just saying in indoor football, just like the soccer league, alot of upper div players like to come down to the lower divs, they have their reasons im sure..and i might have came off as i hate it but personally if im able to play div 1 outdoor, i would probably play a higher div in indoor, im not taking any shots any anyone and sorry if it came of that way.

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 16, 2006 02:04 PM

I didn't think you were taking any shots, I was just asking to be sure. Keep in mind the indoor league is a separate league from the wtfl and it's forum can be found at mazurfootball.com

I agree with you about players coming down from higher divisions. I understand though if they are doing it to play a different position, for example a guy who plays receiver in a higher division but wants to try to play QB in a lower one. I don't see the point though in a div 1 QB playing QB in a bottom division.

Comment Posted by Matty Oct 16, 2006 04:41 PM

Dude, you are full of it! Don;t you play QB in Div 3 AND new team 2???

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 16, 2006 05:23 PM

OH shut up Matt...how was king's head on saturday?

Comment Posted by Matty Oct 16, 2006 05:27 PM

it was a good time...how come you didnt show up?? Were you too busy looking for a womens team to QB for???

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 16, 2006 05:29 PM

I fell asleep at 8 and woke up at midnight. Figured by the time I got rolling I wouldn't get there in time. I'm an old man now :)

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 16, 2006 05:30 PM

If I wanted a women's team to QB for, I would've played for you guys this year when Ian asked me.

Comment Posted by Matty Oct 16, 2006 05:41 PM

ZING! hahaha.

Isnt Barry older than you?? He managed to show up to buy me a beer.

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 16, 2006 05:51 PM

Nope he's younger.

Comment Posted by Ian D III Oct 16, 2006 06:30 PM

At least North End Steelers, Franchise, aints, fockers, etc. made it without MAXING out the upper div player rule...If it wasn't for the uppder div player rule it would be the whole Outsiders team in the new team div.

Hey Marc get Grant to come back and throw that team in the New Team Div.

Comment Posted by jkull Oct 16, 2006 06:57 PM

Jeanson throws like a girl. You should be ashamed that he's beating up on you guys. All he's good at is the post :)

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 16, 2006 07:19 PM

Don't hate the team hate the rules.

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 16, 2006 07:21 PM

OUCH kull, that hurts. :)

My post isn't even good. I don't think I scored on that all year. Or do you mean forum-posts? :)

My new route is the 2 yard slant out. I'm money on that. I average 2.4 YAC on that one. Ya fear my mad skillz.

Comment Posted by Nopes Oct 17, 2006 04:59 AM

Ian,

I'm an upper division player, but I'm not that good of one, so I shouldn't really count.

An entire team which stays in New Team for more then a year...is still considered a new team? They can call it that, but their skills and experience from that year should technically place them in an upper division.

cMack, we aren't a team to toot our own horns, so please don't do it for us. We don't really need other teams to hate us, when they have no reason to.

If your Franchise team wants to play our Six team, minus any Upper Division players from either team to help you feel better, we can do that. We haven't had the opportunity to play your team, but I have confidence in my players that we'll still kick your ass. Not too badly though, as I have respect for your brother Barry, whose's been a long time teammate of mine :o) Whoops...I guess this would be considered tooting our own horns.

Like Marcus says, Don't hate our team, hate the rules. Go out next year and recruit if you feel inadequate.

Nopes

Comment Posted by DP Oct 17, 2006 07:26 AM

thats excatly it nopes,

I know the medeiros brothers that play on the fockers, and they are hella good guys man, it takes one guy to lose the respect for their team, I ain't hating on nobody, but don't come out to a game and hate on us for playing football, be it 4 yards at a time or 40 yards at a time. I hope to see a newly re-vamped team out next season, one that can give us the same quality game without the smack talking and bashing..as I stated before the Stealers-Fockers game was one of those close, hard fought game that went to the end! We look forward to more of those!
Dennis

Comment Posted by cMACK Oct 17, 2006 08:52 AM

I just wanted to add that THE ONLY reason we were cheering for the Aints was because they had beaten us, you always want to lose to the champs, and we NEVER had beef with the Stealers, until you guys started chirping at us for cheering for them.

Nopes, you know me better than that, I would never toot your horn, i was just saying that you were gonna win, I never said how great you guys were ;).

Good luck to both teams.

Comment Posted by DP Oct 17, 2006 11:25 AM

so what u sayin now...u HAVE beef,...or u HAD beef? just to clarifly..not to start shit!!

Comment Posted by cMACK Oct 17, 2006 11:29 AM

all im sayin is thats when this all started, and like i said we are out, so really im not saying anything anymore.

Comment Posted by DP Oct 17, 2006 01:10 PM

good

Comment Posted by Ian D III Oct 17, 2006 08:48 PM

All I'm trying to say is that the New team Divisions are for new teams, not upper div guys who want to fast win. At least play a different position if you put your own team in.

By the way us Franchise guys lost about 5 guys so I figured that with our 6-8 record last year it would be a good idea to try another time in the New team.

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 17, 2006 10:05 PM

New Teams that can learn from some experienced players will improve their game at a quicker rate. I think that's the idea here. The league would love to see most of the new teams learning the game quicker so that they can move up into the other "regular" divisions.

In my case it was to fill in for a QB who initially thought he had a season ending knee injury. Luckily he was able to come back after a few weeks and I stuck around because the guys are fun guys. Will I play in this division again? Probably not. Did Six learn stuff from me? I have no idea, but I'd like to think so.

There is nothing wrong with the Franchise staying in NT div. You are allowed 3 years in that division before being forced up.

Comment Posted by Ian D III Oct 18, 2006 07:08 AM

I'm not trying to start something, it was just something I found funny.

Comment Posted by Ian D III Oct 18, 2006 08:57 AM

Nopes...this has nothing to do with my brother and I also don't need to play your team. If you want to "toot" your own horn put your team in the chapionship without your upper div guys and still win...then you can "toot" anything you want. Its not like that will happen though.

Comment Posted by DP Oct 18, 2006 11:53 AM

learn at a quicker rate!? Does that mean throwin for 40 td passes in 8 games!?
and wasn't SIX the killer Grasshoppers? i think thats the point of being in new team for three years...to learn! i think that if the league would love to see most teams learn the game quicker im sure having elite players come down for a season is not going to help. three years in new team is a great idea. Being a COMPLETELY new team and making it to the finals is great and something that we earned without having and players come down from elite. Well we have one player in 3rd. if we need to fill a poisiton we would have someone on our team do it, not dip into the elite div. I just think that the league should let elilte people coach and help out, but not play..or else...play a different position. we had what.....about 16 teams in new team this year...give or take, so that means if the teams in the new team now hang around for three years the future of this league looks promising!! but having some teams get continuously smashed over and over again but the same elite faces in the new team div.well thats not gonna help anyone but the players rackin up the stats! After three years if i'm still in New team well...im quiting cuz i ain't gettin any better!
I just think that the new team div should be that a new team with NO players from the top 2 divs at least! if after 3 years the elite players still want to play then div 5 and up should be fair game for the rule on higher players! When and where is that meeting when everybody is gonna bring ideas to the league again?

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 18, 2006 12:08 PM

I don't play QB in elite. I play receiver only. You won't see me play receiver in the new team division. I only play defense when we're short on guys. And like Kull says, I throw like a girl.

I think the Fockers were more the Grasshoppers then Six was, but maybe that's something Nopes or cmack can shed light on.

Although we're not breaking any rules by taking advantage of the multiple player rule, I do agree that something should probably be changed for next year through the league with this rule. I think instead of 3 players it should only be 1. An arguement could be made to eliminate the entire rule as well. (this ties into reducing the total number of teams problem we have)

I also think a team full of tackle players, some of whom play for the bisons, don't really belong in the new team division either.

From what I heard Six will be moving up a division or two, so I don't think you'll have to worry about us for a while.

Marc #7 Elite Champs 2010 SIX.

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 18, 2006 12:11 PM

Oh and for the Annual General Meeting, I don't think the date has been released yet, but it's usually on a saturday on the first or second weekend in december. My guess is Dec 2nd, but don't hold me to it.

Of course if you have something you'd like to add to the agenda for that meeting, please send it to our communications guy communications@wtfl.ca.

thanks!

Comment Posted by Nopes Oct 18, 2006 01:00 PM

The Fockers in New Team 2 of this year, were the Killer Grasshoppers from last year. We have two players that were on the K.G. team from last year that are playing on SIX this year.

I just put the team together with guys I knew from SportChek and growing up. We wanted a strong showing our first year together and it is turning out fantastic! Nick joined the team, because he wanted another team to play on, and we used to play on the same teams so he asked. Marcus told you his reason to join, so as you can see, we didn't start off the season with the intention to "stack" it with upper division players.

Marcus and Nick have taught our team TONS about Touch Football. These things you can't learn from someone barking things to you from the sideline or in practice, but to actually play along them and feed off of their leadership. We are a classy team, that is just out to have fun and play a game that we love. Just ask anyone that has played us.

Looking forward to playing your team in Division 4 next year Franchise ;o)

Comment Posted by DP Oct 18, 2006 02:57 PM

i didn't think that it's too big a problem, i just think that like marcus said the rule should be reviewed!! our team is a classy team of long time friends and soccer players and we too are looking forward to playing on sat

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 18, 2006 04:27 PM

Soccer players? Oh we're gonna kick your ass for sure! :)

Comment Posted by rey Oct 18, 2006 05:42 PM

it's just a small thing, but....

"but having some teams get continuously smashed over and over again but the same elite faces in the new team div.well thats not gonna help anyone but the players rackin up the stats!"

any div one or two player who plays in the new team division and brags about his stats there would likely get laughed off the field by his div1/2 team.
then he would be looking for a new team to play on.

any div 1 or 2 player who plays in new team div just so he can get some stats should probably find another pastime.

Comment Posted by spider Oct 18, 2006 06:25 PM

Rey,

I totally agree with you.

Dennis, I don't agree that the elite guys should just coach. As was said, having that one knowledgeable guy actually play beside a group is very effective. Therefore, as was suggested, maybe make it only one or two upper div guys in new Team. Good comments though, because if itis a problem, we should address it!

The Forum is a great place to exchange ideas, and the AGM,to get them on the table.

Marcus were they talking about you racking up the stats?....Marcus....come clean. heh! heh!

Comment Posted by spider Oct 18, 2006 06:44 PM

Hey someone help me out here.

I haven't exactly been around for a month or so, and don't know what to expect, on Saturday.

Morningwood vs El Pequitos Maple Grove 4 Not Played Indoor - great teams and Avenger Family members.
Sat Oct 21 - 09:00 AM Six vs North End Stealers Maple Grove 5 I know that Stealer team is awesome.
Sat Oct 21 - 11:00 AM Aztecs vs Blazers Maple Grove 4 OH God, another Avenger Family battle. Another Indoor family group.
Sat Oct 21 - 11:00 AM Weekend Warriors vs The Bosos Maple Grove 5. OK Here is one I know little about someone clue me in.
Sat Oct 21 - 01:00 PM The Chargers vs FLASH Maple Grove 4 Hey isn't this Sonia vs her old team? You got to re-schedule this one. Get it away from the Avengers game
Sat Oct 21 - 01:00 PM Assassins vs Avengers Maple Grove 5 I know about this one. The two best teams in the PEG. Shea loves that Avenger defence. If anyone knows what they do, post it up here.
Sat Oct 21 - 03:00 PM No D vs Nomads Maple Grove 4 This should be great the retiring Glen "IHAB" Dyck vs. another Indoor/ex- Ultmate team.

Sat Oct 21 - 03:00 PM Red Fire vs drillers - Someone clue me in. Is this Tannis' team? Drillers...weren't they the new team that played Indoor?

Someone tell me the "Players to watch" so Rick and I can come out and watch the "players to watch."

Comment Posted by Ian D III Oct 18, 2006 07:19 PM

My idea on this rule is that if someone from an upper div comes down they should not play the same position, especially QB. Maybe make it only 1 from an upper division can play in the New Team. I personally dont care what happens in the "regular" divisions, this is the NEW TEAM we're talking about here. If I couldn't QB for my team, and I do suck at it, I'm not going to go look for another one higher up. Again I know its the rule and Six isn't breaking any rules here, its just not fair to the team who are actually new and who dont have the luxury of knowing people in higher divs. It takes the fun out of the game when you get beat 45-0 every game.

On a side note for Nopes...Seriously I dont need to play your "team" for self satisfaction. I dont need to say "anywhere anytime" because really I dont care that much.

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 18, 2006 07:40 PM

For The Record I am not retiring.I still have another 10-20 years left in my underhand arm
Glen

Comment Posted by rey Oct 18, 2006 08:54 PM

you're retiring???

Comment Posted by rey Oct 18, 2006 08:55 PM

Thanks Glen.
Rey

Comment Posted by 187 Oct 18, 2006 08:58 PM

I'm gonna wrap up this thread.
Anyone that has ever played football in their life - and that includes in the backyard with the nerf - will no longer be allowed to play in the New Team Division.
There.
Problem solved.
You LITERALLY have to be fresh off the boat, like that Borat guy.
I'll let you hook up the link (if you can on this thread) Marcus since you introduced it to SIX.
The league office can use it as a guide in 2007.

You're welcome.

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 18, 2006 10:19 PM

Borat's guide to football:
http://

This reminds me of when Ian used to play for the Outsiders back the Canford days. :)

Comment Posted by supercam Oct 19, 2006 01:27 AM

players to watch,

well I hear Cam Tirschmann is AWESOME in division 5

posted by Cam

Comment Posted by Grizzled Old Vet Oct 19, 2006 06:04 AM

Funny stuff there Marcus. Too bad I exploded in laughter as my boss was walking by......

Comment Posted by Ian D III Oct 19, 2006 06:12 AM

And this is marcus doing his rendition of She's A Maniac....

http://

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 21, 2006 06:18 AM

Great game Stealers. You brought the intensity to the game. Best D we've played against all year.

Comment Posted by DP Oct 21, 2006 08:24 AM

"I don't play QB in elite. I play receiver only. You won't see me play receiver in the new team division. I only play defense when we're short on guys. And like Kull says, I throw like a girl."

Man girls these days are pretty good!

Thanks to SIX for understanding that during game time it's on, but after it stays on the field, We congradulate SIX for the great game...and continued success in the future, Great game!

Dennis #9

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com