Forums » General » Franklin Playing in 4 Finals

Messages for Franklin Playing in 4 Finals

Comment Posted by Shibber Oct 17, 2006 04:08 AM

I'm sure some have noticed but for those who haven't, Jon Franklin (Avengers, Blazers, Nomads, Morningwood) is playing in 4 championship games this Saturday (Div 1 thru Div 4). Do we know if this is a record...I'm thinking it must be. He sure has come a long way from that first year with the Nomads (94/95???) where he wasn't allowed to play offense because he was "too slow, couldn't catch & didn't know how to run a pattern". (???). We're just hoping he's got something left for the 3rd div final @ 3.

Gord - Nomads

Comment Posted by scott Oct 17, 2006 05:18 AM

Clearly Jon is one of Glen's original monkies, and clearly Jon loves his touch football, and in recent years has been seeing lots of playoff wins. The only position he dosen't play is safety between all the teams. I want to clarify one thing though, the boy has some wheels. I would safely say he is faster than 8 of 10 people in the W. On the other hand 9 of 10 people can throw farther than Franks, including the Womens Charger Qb.

Gord I wish I could find that post where I predicted the Nomads to make some noise in the playoffs, man would I have won big on proline. Oh yeah Gord, Jon thanks you for giving him the kiss of death with this post...........

Scott

Comment Posted by DP Oct 17, 2006 07:43 AM

This is not meant to anger anyone...but isn't it weird that 1 person can play in all those div's in one year...not to take anything away from that accomplishment, but to be in all those div's and to play in all those finals, i dont think that there is any other league in any sport that allows that! i could be wrong. but hey who am i so say anything im glad just to be playin in a final in our frist year out! Congrats Mr. Frankin, that would be something if you take all four!

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 17, 2006 07:55 AM

I'm sure it will be something that will be talked about at the AGM this year. Make sure you guys send a rep to the meeting, because if you have input for the league that's the best place for it. (early december)

Comment Posted by Token Oct 17, 2006 08:51 AM

What's to be talked about? He's a QB in div. 1, not a wide receiver, so what if he plays a WR on a div.3 and div. 4 team? The guy just loves to play ball and he helps make everyone around him a better player. That should be a good thing for this league.

Mike

Comment Posted by spider Oct 17, 2006 09:01 AM

Why pick on Jon. There are probably a hundred guys who play on multiple teams. It ha increased the # of teams and variety. It's been totally agood thing.

One guy doesn't determine if a team is a champion.

Good for Jon. Don't forget you have to ref that 5th game though!

Comment Posted by marcus Oct 17, 2006 10:29 AM

I'm not picking on anybody. I play on 3 teams too, so I know I benefit from the rule. All my teams use 3 upper division players. But having said that, I think the rule needs to be adjusted.

Comment Posted by nomads Oct 17, 2006 10:30 AM

Scott: I remember your post about us doing something in the playoffs. Thanks for the confidence. In regards to Jon playing in 4 finals. Do you think this is a coincedence. I think not. Some people in this world are winners. There is a variable that is hard to equate, but Jon has it.
Glen

Comment Posted by sonya Oct 17, 2006 11:30 AM

I think Jonny is technically in FIVE finals! He's the "director of player personel" on the Chargers.

Comment Posted by DP Oct 17, 2006 01:10 PM

how many teams are u allowed to play for...what is the rule?

Comment Posted by Avengerman Oct 17, 2006 02:06 PM

6 teams maybe 7 if you count 2 new team or 1st div. A and B.
You are allowed 3 upper div. players on your roster.

I play on multiple teams because A: I love the game, B: I don't just want to rush in Elite, and C: I like being a player\coach on the lower div. teams.

Franklin is just a QB. He stands still. When he play's D, He moves 3 yards to his left or right. Playing reciever on the Nomads, he runs 5 yards and turns around. You can sometimes see his Crown and Coke in his hand. You have to be quick though, he moves pretty fast for those.

Dennis, you playing soccer with us this year?

Damian

Comment Posted by DP Oct 17, 2006 06:07 PM

i think that im taking another year off from soccer, my knees are still not 100% and the indoor surface is rough on the knees as you know, but maybe next year!! is that still with jose and louis?

Comment Posted by scott Oct 18, 2006 07:09 AM

Would it be fair to say that if Jon catches a td with one hand while holding a crown n coke with the other, mind you, not spilling a drop. We might award him say....9 points rather than the so predictable 6.....Don't let Gav, and Brownie in on this, as the Avengers would demand they play O this way...That sickens me

I'm cross threading here, but...

Rey, thank you

Comment Posted by rey Oct 18, 2006 05:49 PM

No Scott, thank you.

....cross threading....cross stitch....needle...thread...needlepoint! that's what i should've said! "...they should probably find another pastime. like needlepoint."

hey, has anybody noticed that the player in the mazurfootball.com logo has a maple leaf for a loin cloth? that's pretty cool.

Thanks Darryl.
Rey

Comment Posted by spider Oct 18, 2006 06:17 PM

Rey if that Thanks is for the MITFL, send your appreciation to the all time webmaster Marcus Jeansen. He is my man!

But although I am hawkish and pro-American in my politics, I AM CANADIAN!....now pass the beer please!

Yeah I think we (Canadians and touch footballers) should promote our country. IT IS ONE OF the VERY BEST!

After all it has the best damn Touch Football league, and Rey, in the World!!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com