Forums » General » Schedule

Messages for Schedule

Comment Posted by Skins Apr 25, 2007 06:33 AM

Any idea when the schedule will be posted? Im sure it will be after the Ref. draft. Just thought there might be a date we could all look forward to.
Thanks

Comment Posted by ging11 Apr 27, 2007 05:59 PM

With the season starting in a week, would it not be a good idea to have the schedules out to the teams sometime soon? I appreciate that it takes a lot to draw up a schedule of this magnitude; however, it is kind of cutting things close.

Adam

Comment Posted by spider Apr 27, 2007 06:49 PM

Schedule starts (proposed) like on May 5th. What's your problem. Just tell your boys to be ready to play on that weekend. Ya know we only have a record number of teams this year. Geez.

Nice to see you are chompin at the bit though.

I can assure you the exec is hard at work this past week and weekend, doing the schdule, plannning for the womans/Bomber cliic and holding a Reffing clinic,accounting for all the teams, finalizing details on your new line making machine, and geting your custom passes to Little Mountain park, plus arranging the Boston Pizza team rep Pre-season All-Star bash!!!

This 35th Anniversary season will be the best ever. So you are right to be chompin at the bit. Stay tuned!

Comment Posted by avengers Apr 28, 2007 09:38 AM

The WTFL schedule will be put up on the website over the next couple of days. This is a labour intensive effort with multiple people working on getting it up so don't be alarmed if you only see only a few games on your schedule - we just haven't got to the rest of it yet.

If by TUESDAY morning you have seen some inaccuracies (e.g., not enough games, too many games, etc) please email me at jon@wtfl.ca and I will look to make changes. Remember the schedule is being put up team by team by hand so there is a possibility that something was typed in erroneously - just email me and I will check for you. Please DO NOT email me about schedule changes. Schedule requests will not be taken into consideration at this point. We did our best to try to accomodate teams, please remember that there are a record 82 teams this year all with requests and over 700 matchups to schedule, thus not all requests could be accomodated. For teams that sent in schedule requests late it was very difficult to go back into the schedule to make changes but the effort was there. Please be prepared to play as early as May 5th and 6th.

Cheers

Jon

Comment Posted by ging11 Apr 28, 2007 10:35 AM

No problem Darrel, just a concern. I have guys on my team that work weekends, days, and nights for a living. So it may be difficult for them to get the appropriate time off to make the game. They can't just go and blanket book-off the weekend and end up not playing because then they would be out the cash. Having this many teams is great, just maybe start the season a little later so that it works for everyone - even the guys labouring away with the schedule. Geez.

Comment Posted by scott Apr 29, 2007 06:43 AM

First week of the sched is up.

Scott

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Apr 29, 2007 02:05 PM

Is there enough daylight to do 2 games on weeknights yet?

Comment Posted by spider Apr 29, 2007 05:21 PM

That's why God gave you a car!!!

Good Question! My bet is yes! any takers?

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Apr 29, 2007 05:34 PM

My guess is that my game will get the time shaving machine applied to it :)

Comment Posted by jkull Apr 29, 2007 05:51 PM

The sun set at 8:42 today. It will be very tight.

Comment Posted by spider Apr 29, 2007 06:03 PM

If it's you, in something tight, jkull,I want to be there to watch the sun set. Especially if it rains!!!

Jeff while you are at it what time does the sun rise?

Oh and Jeff, do any of the Wall brothers live with you. Barry Wall, the former league President? or any of the other Wall brothers?

Comment Posted by scott Apr 30, 2007 12:21 PM

Don't worry if you dont see all your games yet. Each game is put in the system one by one. Jon has been working very hard to do this. There are more games to come yet.

Scott

Comment Posted by mbender Apr 30, 2007 01:45 PM

What are the steps in requesting a schedule change?

I don't want to go into specific details but the OC will definitely need to request a change.

Thanks

Marty B

OC18 QB

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Apr 30, 2007 03:30 PM

There is a Scheduling FAQ(frequently asked questions) in the menu there. My spidey sense tells me that there might be some info in there about that.

:)

Comment Posted by Long Island Ice-T Apr 30, 2007 05:28 PM

JaMarcus???

Ugh. Good Luck with that. :P

Comment Posted by JaMarcus Apr 30, 2007 06:41 PM

Marcus was last season. Gotta kick it up a notch :)

Comment Posted by avengers May 01, 2007 12:08 AM

Sched is now updated - if you have any questions shoot them to jon@wtfl.ca
- remember at this point no scheduling requests are permitted.

Cheers

Jon

Comment Posted by JaMarcus May 01, 2007 05:48 AM

No games at optimist? Did soccer take that field too?

Comment Posted by freak1107 May 01, 2007 06:42 AM

Just a question are captain was told that the first division would only cross over and play 1 Elite team and 1 Second division team. What happen to that format looked over are schedule and i saw we have to play each Elite team once it's not really fair for us as we are not a team to compete against Elite. It's going to discourage alot of our players as where going to be blown out of the water by the Elite teams. We don't have a Wayne Jackson, or a Cory Hanson or other great Elite players on our Team. We where looking forward to playing in our division as it would be very competive for us and it's not fair for the second division to play each first division team once. I just think that if u tell someone something it should stick we came over to the WTFl from UTFl looking for better competion but not playing all Elite teams once in our first year. This is just my opinion.Thanks Rob Freak #11

Comment Posted by avengers May 01, 2007 07:33 AM

I believe it has always been each team in div 1 plays each team in elite once and each time in div 2 once. Perhaps there was some misinterpretation but that has always been the case.

Jon

Comment Posted by JaMarcus May 01, 2007 07:56 AM

I know you guys want to use little mountain as much as possible this year for various reasons. I'd like to make a suggestion based on what happened a few years ago with soccer trying to steal optimist.

I know that most people don't like the fields at optimist. They are hard and it's windy etc. But I still think we need them, as they are official sized football fields and if they aren't overworked they aren't that bad. With fields being at a premium now a days we can't afford to not have those fields available.

If you don't schedule any games there, then soccer will take the fields. They've tried to do that every year, even with the SW field that doesn't even have soccer goal posts! Cliff had to argue with soccer and the city a few years in a row about that nonsense.

Once they get the fields, there is no chance at getting them back.

Just my two cents. Do whatever you like.

p.s. Soccer is for losers. :)

Comment Posted by Byatch May 01, 2007 10:59 AM

Did someone make a sweet deal with the folks at Little Mountain?

It sucks to have to drive all the way to LM from St.Vital for all the games. It sure was nice having some southern fields that weren't hard as rock.

Let me guess....It was decided on at the General Meeting?

Soccer is for Giovanni's

Thurston

Comment Posted by avengers May 02, 2007 07:00 AM

Yes the league did make a sweet deal with Little Mountain. Fertilized fields, watered at minimum twice weekly, consistently maintained, and lined at five yard increments. Will take a bit to work in, but the hope is to have the best fields available for touch football in the city.

Jon

Comment Posted by spider May 02, 2007 05:39 PM

Alright Brent....Just for you, all Tuesday games will now be played at Maple Grove, and some games will be re-sheduled to Optimist, to heed your advice JaruleMarko.

I have just confirmed Maple Grove, two fields on Tuesdays. From Nowto Mid October....As usual,check the clubhouse to see which fields they have allocated to us. First team named on the schedule gets the pads from their Shed next to their clubhouse. (sometimes pads are up) and last team brings the pads back

Todd, would you let the boys know which days are going to Optimist?

Oh and we are also working on Bison Stadium/practice field with my dear friends Denny Hrycaiko and Walt McKee, U of M Phys Ed administrators. They have a concern of over use, but we will wait for their reponse.

Brett all you had to do was ask!

Oh and Brett I have also arranged withhandi - transit a bus from St. Vital mall leaving at 5:15 for Lil Mtn. RoundTri p is $5.00 This will save us South enders piles of money, but will still take almost anhour eachway travel time. Benefits are we can stretch in the bus, have supper, or even sleep. Pick up for return will be 9:45.

Theonly drawnback is that you have to wait for the second game to finish, but you can have some WTFL beer at the Lil Mtn bar.

OK, OK, the field part is true and the bus is not.....yet.

Hey I hear the Canada Packers site is available for a field!!! Glen???

Comment Posted by mel May 02, 2007 05:49 PM

Will this be reflected in the scheduling of next Tuesday's games? Or will it take a week or so to phase in?

Comment Posted by Byatch May 03, 2007 05:32 PM

Darrell are you serious about Tuesdays? Is this gonna happen?

Maple Grove is sooooo much closer.

That would be awesome.We could even take the bus with Dancin Gabe!!

Thurston

Comment Posted by spider May 03, 2007 07:36 PM

Well I wish the schedule would be officially changed. But Yes, I just got it confirmed 3x that we are at Maple Grove on Tuesdays from now until forever.

I don't know what else to say

Comment Posted by avengers May 04, 2007 07:42 AM

Schedule has been updated to reflect the Maple Grove field changes.

Jon

Comment Posted by Byatch May 04, 2007 08:51 AM

Great!!!

Thanks J and D!!

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com